Plants sick... Pics included!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HondaFMXrida3, Jun 7, 2010.

1. So i put my plants out in the sun the other day and when i went to put them back in some of them curled up so i snipped them. I checked this morning and now one or two leafs are curling up, one has bronzing, white stuff all over a leaf and a couple others and then my last one has some darkening on parts of the leaf. I check the others and they dont have any dark spots at all. Growing in FFOF, ph 6-6.5, been using tiger bloom and big bloom. about two weeks into flowering.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What is your runoff pH? You can test this by collecting some of the water that runs out the drainholes of your pot when you water it. It is a good way to test your soil's pH, and if it is below 6.5 you need to do a flush to wash away excess acid salts and get your pH back up to 6.5. When it gets below 6.5 Calcium & Magnesium start getting locked out. You should be going for 6.5-6.8, not 6.0 to 6.5. And do you make sure you measure and adjust your pH after you add nutes & other stuff to the water?

Also don't cut off damaged leaves unless they are really brown and crispy. Your plant needs their energy in the flowering phase so only take them when they fall off on their own or with very gentle pulling from you. You don't need to cut, if it doesn't pull off then it's not ready. ;)

3. Have you checked them for bugs? The second shot kind of looks like spider mite damage.

4. nutes are to strong burning the plant
    flush the soil with 3 time the water as soil skip 1 feeding
    then weaken nutes to 50% and she should recover fine

5. #5 ventoux, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Are they indoor plants being taken for a "walk" ? Indoor plants put outside on a sunny day can crash faster than you'd imagine. Bugs, heat, sunlight, all can f*** up your plant. Young plants can be hardened off and acclimate to the change, however, sticking your flowering MJ plant outside for some fresh sunlight can lead to disaster. They are just not accustomed to that environment.

6. Thanks for the responses guys. I check for bugs everyday so i know its not bugs. That leaf has been like that for awhile and only got worse when put out in sun. as for nutes should i lay of the tiger bloom or both. Cause i though big bloom was their to prevent lockout? i could be wrong though... And lastly where can i get some ph up to add to my water??? Ive been having to buy bags of organic dolmite lime to put on top of my soil atleast once or so a week.

Thanks again guys, ill make sure not to take my plants on an afternoon stroll anymore :p

7. I don't know that you have an overfeeding problem, your plant just really isn't going to like going outside after spending its whole life indoors. :) How often and how much nutes are you giving it? I like to do feed, water, feed, water, alternating. And you should start off with 1/2 str nutes and work your way up to full strength if your plants can take it.

If you have been adding more and more lime in with each watering, that might be causing a problem too. I don't know for sure what adding too much lime would do, but lime is meant to be mixed in the soil before you plant in it and it takes weeks to work. It is a pH buffer, meant to keep your pH from swinging too wildly, not an instant "pH UP" for your soil. 2 Tablespoons per gallon of soil is all the dolomite lime you need in order for it to do its job properly. Check this out for more info: Dolomite Lime Info

As for pH UP & DOWN, you should be able to get them at any hydro/grow store or possibly a garden center. If there isn't any for sale where you live you can always order some from the internet.

Whatever you do, DON'T start using baking soda as a pH UP substitute. The chemical is SODIUM BICARBONATE, and sodium is not good for your plant.

8. Get a Slap Shot Bug Strip It works off of vapor and it will kill all pest in the room (Bugs) in a week or less and keep them away for 5 mounths I bring my plants outdoors for the sun and I havnt had a problem sence. I have notice a few flies slipping into my room and they are dead within 4 hours or less. Do the math for your room and cut the strip in half and get double the bang for your buck. Oh and it does not mess up plants.

9. My newest thing I have started doing is using rain water because it always is good and ph's out perfect. Then I use the Earth Juice line because its organic and from what I understand you don't have to worry about ph with organic can't remember why.

10. So ive been flushing them with no nutes (still no ph up yet doing that after i type this) and this morning one of my plants looks even worse then she did and the pistols are even dying it looks like :cry:
    My other plant is looking fine, just that black spot has turned more purple and gotten bigger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lockout! I bet!

12. I've never heard that about ignoring pH if you use organic ferts . . . I use Earth Juice ferts and when I mix even 1/2 the recommended dose it brings the pH of my water down into the 5s or lower! I've always got to add pH UP if I add nutes, and my water starts out at a pH of 8.0-8.5, since it is just tap water that I leave out for a couple days before using.

13. hey carnival where can i get some of those strips?? The smaller one in the back had some small white bugs on it, even i sprayed some of my organic spray all over and still saw some on it this morning so i decided to pull it.. The other two dont have any bugs but theleaves that were having problems have either died or gotten worse.. Im raising the ph and it seems as the pistols are growing back on the one that was loosing them.

14. Good answer inkman.

:smoking:

15. Hot Shot No-Pest Strip You can get them at Walmart or online but I found mine at a local farmers supply store and I SWEAR by them! 1 week and all mites and crap will be gone.

16. lmao, i loooooove.. How while i was reading this im thinking in my head, "This guy must live in Az" And i see that you do :) Yeaaaaahhh, happen to me one time too.. I dont even put it in that sun to much now.. Just couple hours.. Then it goes in the hot ass shade.. Then inside at night under my intense ass lamp

17. haha deff dude! the sun is lame.. WHen they were vegging they seemed to like it, but that was also march april may lol. You live in az? And thanks carnival im about to go pick them up right now :bongin:

18. Sadly yes i do live in Az :( = to hott

19. So pretty much everythings gone down hill from now.... I got my ph right and everything but the over watering had to attract bugs because everyleaf now is getting bronze/white spots and leaves are dropping left and right... Does the slapshot even kill small bugs that go on my plant?? Im thinking i might have to pull them because of how out of control the bugs got and i cant seem to get rid of them.. Ive been using this spray organic stuff and they still seem to keep coming. I also used soap and hot water last night and still saw some this morning..