Plants progress 25 days old from sprout

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lambokid, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hello people just wondering if you can tell me how these are looking they are 25 days old now from sprout are they a good size and if someone can tell me what the yellowing colour on one of the leaves many thanks IMAG0031.jpg IMAG0032.jpg IMAG0033.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. growing in coco?
    looks like you need calmag supplement

3. I see very dark green leaves with yellowing on the insides of the older leaves.
    Nitrogen toxicity.

4. When the yellowing is in between the veins on older leaves, it's a sure sign of a magnesium deficiency. Your plant doesn't look bad for 25 days - I suggest mixing in perlite on your next grow though. Good luck.
    mg-magnesium-deficiency-sm.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well it's 60% peat and 40% Coco it's a mix I got from tropic so I'm not sure if it's classed as Coco or soil Screenshot_20180916-042942.jpg

6. Peat and coco is the equivalent to running hydro essentially. No nutrients to be found other than what you add.

Edit:

Read the write up about the combination you posted. Very weird. I’d rather use something without slow release nutrients IMO. It seems they’ve amended the peat and coco with things to slow release. I’d pick a different option to grow in personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. With all the magnesium that’s supposed to be readily available in that mix, I would check your ph. That’s early onset of magnesium deficiency but what is causing it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. What kind of light are you using? Could be the strain but they seem to be stretching just a little between nodes, maybe try topping, and I would definitely suggest LST mine are on day 28. Topped at day 21 above the second node.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. 300 watt blue cfl waiting on my 600 watt hps

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well I was thinking of getting bio bizz light mix but that's going from Coco to soil is that recommend or not

11. Light mix is for seedlings. You can stay in coco/peat, just add 30% or more Perlite at transplant. The plant looks great besides magnesium deficiency. What is your ph in and ph of runoff?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ph in is 6.2 I don't tend to test run off

13. Do it next time. Feed a bit more than normal so you get runoff and test the ph. It will give you an idea of root zone ph

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1