Plants not very tall

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jiaenz, Apr 29, 2016.

1. My plants are 4 weeks old now and since 1 week ive transplanted them in 5 gallon pots , but i think they are a bit small at the moment. They are 7 inch tall and quite bushy . I m scared the smaller new leaves on the bottom dont have the space to grow because its too bushy . Im growing NL5 x Haze ( indica + sativa) under 600 w grow light . The light is hanging 22 inches above the plants . Ive topped all 3 plants 4 days ago now . Should i start to worry at the moment ? See pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. They look fine bro they will grow taller during flowering don't worry.

You want them to be growing tight and compact like that in veg, that's how you get big fat dense buds.

northern lights is a super compact strain it's ideal for commercial growth that's where the plant get's the bushy growth from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Okay thanks mate ! When should i turn them to flower mode if you look at my plants now?

4. all depends on how big you want them to get. General rule of thumb is half as big as you want the final plants to be.

When you switch to flowering the plants will at least double in size, sometimes up to 3-4x as big.

5. Hi i agree wi moarange love. Mine were same at that age .. im at 6 weeks into veg and lst and fimmed them so they not much taller than yrs!!! They will take off in flower.. i would veg on average between 6 and 8 weeks so ya got a few weeks at least to go. I only flower wen i know their roots strong and healthy and goid root ball.. even if it took 12 weeks for example to gain good root ball i wood wait!!!! But they lookin well nice . Goid luck and happy growing xxx

• Like Like x 1
  6. So i think ill let them veg for 2 more week(they will be 6 weeks then) and turn them in to flower . Good plan ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeh babe gud plan... just check ya roots nice and down and plant healthy and bang it into flower. Gud luck love . Let us no how u get on xx

8. Ok thanks ! Ill post an update in a week how they are looking .. Btw how do i check the roots you were saying ? X

• Like Like x 1
  9. hi lov.. to check my roots i always look at bottom drainage holes in pot. Nice white roots shud be poking through. I no then my roots are down. I always leave a week wen i see roots at botom of pot so i no for defo the roots are growing inside around the pot and are plentiful and strong. Thats abother reason not to let ya pot sit for dats in water in tray. Roots like oxygen also so if ya bottom feeding then any waste remive after 12 hrs ish. Sorry im going on a tangent lol.... so yes check roots pokin from bittom pot etc or if in doubt( but wood not advise if ya can see roots from bottom etc) i wait till dry and gentally lift plant from pot. Ya should see loads of roots. The roots shud be holding in ya siol etc . But basiccally look for em pikin from pot bottem anx give it a week once theyve poked through then ya set to go love... hope this helps xxx

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im back already and ive noticed he roots coming trough already .. I only transplanted them a week ago from 1 gallon pots to 5 gallon pots .. This is pretty quick isnt ? So now i wait 1 more week ? Grtz

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi love. They lookin brill. Yes another week to let em veg out and go for it love. They will be 6weeks then if nice and strong which the seem to be then flower.. well done babe ya on last lap nearly now so be smokin them buds soon. Good luck keep us updated how she goes love xxx

• Like Like x 1
  12. I had this problem mine..my taproots were searching for the run off water in my tray ,not sure if this helps ,my roots then went when there was no water there ...

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Update ! They are 33 days old now and im planning on starting flower in 4 days .. I think theyre a looking good for the moment and theyve gotten quite bushy the last week.. What are your thoughts ? Grtz

Attached Files:

14. Those are looking bushy man, good on you. Out of curiosity, what led fixtures are those?

15. Im using 2 pieces of 600 watts led mars hydro in a 4 x 4 tent

16. Mars hydro that is

17. Thanks man. They look very similar to the one i am using. Every time i see the mars hydro it makes me suspect more and more that the light i am using is just a clone of mars hydro. Same machining for the vents, same cord layout, same fans.

18. Your plants arent doing good under your leds ?

19. 20160504_121028.jpg
    I think it is doing great for 20 days under a single 300w led. Just getting a bit nervous about how the cheaper light will do in flowering stage. But so far i am impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. If its just 1 plant i think it should be ok . Ive got 3 plants and i had the same worries as you when im flipping to flowering , thats why i added the second led to my grow tent