Plants not growing as fast as I would like them too.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chille1994, Sep 11, 2018.

1. #1 chille1994, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    My plants are 5 weeks old and don’t seem to be growing very fast. Am not actually sure what I could be doing wrong only thing I can think of is over watering! Could anyone suggest a way I could try get them to grow faster thanks

Okay sorry about such little information, I am using a Lampwin 300W Full Spectrum Including UV IR LED Grow Light Vegetable Flower Indoor Plant Lamp. For first 24 days I gave the plants 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. First week I only give the plants 1.25L of water each I filtered the water and checked it’s ppm, second week I started feeding the plants water with flora nova grow nutrients Monday, Wednesday & Friday and Sunday clean water. Third week was same as first week always 1.25L of water per watering session. Week 4 I started adding flora nova grow and bloom to my 1.25L filtered water and feeding to plants. Now I have switched light schedules to 12/12 and am only feeding plants with floranova bloom and have reduced to watering once every 3 days with 1.25L per plant. I have the temperature of the room at a constant heat of around 28 degrees and was planning to lower to 26 week 5. Humidity in room averages about 60 I have struggled to get it higher than this but leave damp towels and water bowls out to raise humidity.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. How much light are you giving them, in wattage and hours...?

• Like Like x 1
  3. but you only joined yesterday..?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. If u think u r overwatering then u most likely are. Need alot more info then just what u gave

• Like Like x 1
  5. Okay sorry about such little information, I am using a Lampwin 300W Full Spectrum Including UV IR LED Grow Light Vegetable Flower Indoor Plant Lamp. For first 24 days I gave the plants 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. First week I only give the plants 1.25L of water each I filtered the water and checked it’s ppm, second week I started feeding the plants water with flora nova grow nutrients Monday, Wednesday & Friday and Sunday clean water. Third week was same as first week always 1.25L of water per watering session. Week 4 I started adding flora nova grow and bloom to my 1.25L filtered water and feeding to plants. Now I have switched light schedules to 12/12 and am only feeding plants with floranova bloom and have reduced to watering once every 3 days with 1.25L per plant. I have the temperature of the room at a constant heat of around 28 degrees and was planning to lower to 26 week 5. Humidity in room averages about 60 I have struggled to get it higher than this but leave damp towels and water bowls out to raise humidity.

7. I only joined so I could ask for someone’s help I thought I was doing fine till they don’t seem to be growing very fast! Don’t get me wrong the look lovely and leafs are all look well just size am worried about.

8. THERE's your problem...That lamp is only 80 ACTUAL watts...You need one of those right above EACH plant in order to have enough light...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Havent seen u in a while how u been man

10. Oh man, Just livin' the Dream, LOL... You doin' OK ?

11. Okay thanks so what kind of light would you advise I get that would be powerful enough for all 4 plants ? And if it says 300w why is it actually only a 80w lamp how does this work? Thanks

12. LED lamp makers always rate their lamps at the total wattage of each LED x the number of LEDs in the assembly...
    Giving a total of wattage AVAILABLE, If running at MAX...
    Problem is...When assembled into a lamp, and powered by a driver , at a reduced voltage, They don't run at MAX...
    They intentionally run at lower power,in order to last longer,
    So, There is RATED wattage, on the description , and There's ACTUAL wattage draw, (from the wall) , which is the only wattage number we, as consumers, should concider...The ACTUAL power consuming WATTAGE.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not sure what size SP your using but the plants look 4" tall no?

Is there some reason your flowering them so short?

Establishing a good root system is critical to a healthy flowering plant,the age and size alone shows a serious lack of photosynthesized plant and healthy root system.
    Over watering is def not good but your plant is not showing signs of that.
    Good move asking because you were going nowhere fast!
    Yep,agreed,poor lighting.

Get more light closer and you will see much better growth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks, i would say the two smaller plants are around 6inch and the larger 2 plants around 10 inches sorry for such bad photos. Em this was my first ever grow and I was going by the book and the site I am
    Using told me to flower the plants after 3 and a half weeks or 24/25 days. When I got to the 24 day mark I thot to myself they look slightly small to be flowering already. So I came here to ask for some advice. I will look for a new light and order one straight away thanks very much.

15. Okay yes I understand now I went back and looked at the description of the product I bought and actual power says 80W so I am looking for a lamp that has actual power of around 300W for my plants ? Thanks for pointing this out to me btw saved me a lot of time and stress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Now you MIGHT find, on the more 'high end' LED lights, they will now rate theirs at ACTUAL wattage,and be honest about it. LOL...
    Some of the cheaper ones might not state the power consumption in watts, but in AMP draw,instead...
    In that case, you multiply the Amps x Voltage, to determine your actual WATTS...

17. Darn marketing guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pots are usually rated like #3 or #5,3 gallon/5gallon.
    Yours look like SP/Smart pots maybe?
    When buying and discussing we really understand best in these terms.

19. Get quantum boards