plants not flowering yet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sonyvaio2, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ive got one indica dom plant in my backyard in a pot that is about two weeks into flowering, wich is weird because ive got another two plants in same backyard about the same size not showing any signs of flowering yet and growing for the same time ,both indica dom, but the difference is there in the ground, under different conditions . and ive got another 11 in the ground in a nearby canyon all sativa dom that have no signs of flowering at all yet either, and these are the biggest, these were also planted at the same time as the other ones, and again different conditions. is it weird for one of my plants to be in second or third week of flowering, when none of my other plants have started. could growing it in a pot be that much of a difference or is something going on with my plants. all my plants look really healthy too. location in so-cal. any thoughts. thanks:).

2. Post some pics of the 4 in the back yard and how many weeks along are they?

3. Ive got 10 Time warps.. 2 are in flower . the rest just starting..the difference is Phenotypes nothing to worry about IMHO ..they will get there.

4. Males will flower sooner then females, and also grow a little taller than females.

5. all plants were planted at the end of may begining of june, all started from seed and all plants in the backyard are different strains but all indica dom. the canyon plants are all planted at the same time as the back yard plants but all are same strains, sativa dom. i havent even seen the males plants starting to flower yet. the backyard plants in the ground dont get as much light as the one in the pot, but none of look like there are in need of any, or deprived of any light. not stretching or anything, and all growing really nice and fast and bushy. the canyon plants are all getting 6 plus hours of light and all look really good, just no signs of flower yet. what do you think it could be, or is this usual.

6. it all depends, are they all the same strain? and where in so cal?

7. post pics of all your plants you can tell by the way they form when they grow

8. sorry, not true.

9. It says that in a grow bible I have. This is my first crop with seeds so I have yet to see sex. But I have my suspect being the taller one.

10. Yeah don't worry about it in my experience the longer they take to start flowering the bigger the yield is once they finish flowering.

11. thats what i wanted to hear:) hope it true:).

12. Yes it is in almost every strain I've ever worked with. Males virtually always start flowering first.

13. Yes... What he said!!

Kisses -
    Hott ;)

14. both are Timewarp...

male, same plant as in attachment at bottom.

[​IMG]

female, next two of same plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now , in nature the males who grow tallest ,get to spread their pollen farther, making more seeds over a bigger area. first to flower of courses means seeds made earlier in season, and less chance of freeze killing offspring.so the combo is a winner in tyhe natural world.

the fly in the ointment of this is simple ..we have been breeding it out .. look at any breeders manual/guide and you will be told to pick males that show late, and are branchy ( with recent trends adding hollow stems into that mix).

least thats my .02
    Wharf

Attached Files:

15. Well mine are outside in the ground so nature is going to take it's coarse. So that's good then because only 2 out of six are taller than the majority. Can I maybe assume that those would be the males?

16. I have 9 plants growing, 4 Blue Willie Dogs in the first week of flowering, while my other 5, of 3 different strains, have not started flowering at all. I think it just depends on the strain.

17. I grow the same indica strain every year and this is the first year in many that all my plants haven't started flowering by the end of July. I attribute it to the crummy, wet spring we had from the El Nino weather pattern. It didn't begin to get hot here (+70) until the end of June.

18. this makes scense, and it really didnt start to get real sunny here until just recently.

19. try being in Bandon....

20. we meant for sonyviao to post pics but those are nice plants