Plants in Trouble W/Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pete1077, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Hi everyone this is my third grow and i can never seem to get rid of this problem. My lower leaves are slowly but surely turning yellow and falling off. I am growing 10 Great White Shark feminized seeds from Greenhouse, 10 feminized Church seeds from Greenhouse, 1 Super Silver Haze female from Greenhouse, and 1 bag seed haze which turned out to be female. They are in their 5th week of flowering.

Ok, i am using 3 gallon pots filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I am using their complete line of nutrients as well. I started a little late cause i dident have all the different kinds but nothing major. The Ph of my soil is around 6.5-6.7.

After the yellowing started i kept upping the nutrient levels and the plants keep eating the stuff up. It seem like i cant give them enough. They are showing no overfert signs on the top of the plants just the yellowing at the lower.

I am using a 1000 watt MH/HPS light with a C02 bucket. The temp is always in the mid 70's.
    I have given them epsom salts in the soil and on their leaves thinking it was a mag deficiency.

I know that they are close to being finished and there can only be so much done but Any insight on how to improve them would be appreciated thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      81.4 KB
      Views:
  2. if its near the end of flowering that is normal just trim the dead/yellowing leaves from the bottom and you should be good just watch the uppper leaves to see if any yellow is starting to form on the border of the leaf

3. yeah i under stand about the end of the flowering cycle. If i were to say that my upper leaves are starting to turn yellow would that be really bad? cause they are. i really dont understand. it has to be a deficiency and i just keep upping the fert amount but it does nothing.

Also if all my main fan leaves were to yellow and fall off before the plants were done flowering would it really affect the plant? It seems as though my SSH is doing just fine so thats a good sign.

4. try lowering the nute level and start a flush of only distilled water if you plan to harvest within the next week or two

5. i actually have more like 4 weeks left. i guess ill just see what happens. there does not seem to be any simple solutions. I think im gonna add some earthworm casting to my next grow to get the nitrogen level a little higher ass this yellowing early on seems to be a continous problem.

thanks for the replies.

6. def. don't up the ferts because of that. it might be that your getting some nute lock out.

ensure you got correct pH, and go back to using the regular amount of ferts.

Never up the ferts if your having plant problems. You might try a nute supplement or something.

7. I'm glad that I saw this post , I've been having the exact same problem with my girls . The buds seem uneffected , but the main fan leaves are slowly turning yellow and falling off ( from the bottom up ) . I was also wondering what would happen if all of the fan leaves were to fall off . Sorry that I don't have a solution for you , I'm stumped myself .

8. I think it's simple nitro def.
    It's common for plants to turn somewhat yellow during flowering, the nutes are drained from the leaves and the leaves only slowly if at all regenerate this draining.
    Your plants were probably low on nitro even before you started flowering.

And what kind of nutes are you giving them at what level?

9. I am using the foxfarm line of nutrients at the recommended levels they specify. I follow their schedule on their own website.

I am almost sure its a def as well and i was thinking nitrogen or magnesium. I started spraying the leaves with some epsom salts combined with some dutch master penetrator and it seems to be making a small difference.

10. I to have gws on the go but i only started yellowing at 5 week. Don t worry though not had a crop yet that hasn t gone yellow, try nitrogen at 4 weeks if you really want but as long as your buds are green don t worry. picture of one of my great whites at 5 week

Attached Files: