plants droopy after day cycle help!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by greg1317, Dec 28, 2010.

1. oh thanks

2. not to be cocky but thats why they call me "the sage". I'm ocd and when I get into something I really get into it. NEVER STOP LEARNING

3. did i read somewhere up there that plants use co2 in lights out... doesnt photosynthesis stop or slow down. therefore bringing the metabolism of the plant down? ive also heard that temps a little above 80 actrually open stomata up and allow better co2 enrichment.? do i got this all wrong? now co2 helps speed uptake of water and nutes right? and makes it easier for plant to breathe? and its proven that photosynthesis stops at night and night time temps are colder why use co2 at night? sorry for all the questions and iam a terrible typer and speller lol

4. iam about 8 years in and got confusion from this thread lol

5. lets see, When the concentration of carbon dioxide in the air is higher, plants become more efficient in pulling the gas out of the air. This allows the plants to process the gas more quickly. Faster conversion of carbon dioxide into sugars and other organic materials translates into faster plant growth.Carbon dioxide is the source of the food that plants make for themselves through photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the process by which plants use sunlight to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugars and other biological materials that are essential to their nutrition and growth.In order to absorb carbon dioxide, plants have to open pores in their leaves. When these pores open, water can escape, either as liquid or as a gas. when carbon dioxide levels are higher, plants won't have to open these pores as often.
    When all other growth influencing factors are kept in their ideal ranges, CO2 becomes the limiting factor. This means as you increase the CO2, you will also increase growth rates and yields. that should cover your ?s I hope,not all my words thou, cut and pasted most of it only cause its faster then typing I suck at typing.

6. the thread or this post?

7. hence creating them to focus more on growth? so isnt light a big factor in photo... i mean should i be running my co2 at night aswell even though photosynthesis almost haults with no light? imo and its just the way i do it i never run co2 at night bcuz ive always thought it was pointless cuz the plants metabolism slows in night period. Now if its gets hot outside u sweat right? "this is just my theroy i maybe wrong" and sweating causes pores to open now in hotter temps wouldnt u think a plant would open pores and co2 enrichment would be more beneficial. someone said in posts, plants stomata close at 80 and above thats why i asked. sorry for all the questions i hope atleast they are intelligent lol :D

8. ive ran temps in low 90s and had dense hard nugs now if i didnt have co2 that def woulda killed or atleast had a big impact on quality and quanity and it didnnt. Doesnt photosynthesis have to be occuring for a plant to take up anything...gases, water, nutes.

9. ur right when its hot the stomato opens allowing the plant to breath. I like ur analogy. so if you want to run co2 at night and have it benifit run ur temps higher.

10. thanks again man

11. Actually, stamato's open and close with light and temperature...Most of the stamato's will close when temps are above 80* as a protection against losing moisture and open in the evening with diminishing light and cooler temps to transpire and repair itself.
    In order for the plant to uptake co2 it needs light to photosynthesis...

12. yes most will close past 80 unless sufficient co2 is provided.

13. hi sage i noticed a few off my plants had like water drips on the leaves which i found strange as i have not fed them for over 24 hours so if it was any splashes during feed it would have evapourated by now, whats this a sign off? not enough co2 or to much co2 or something else, advice appreciated.

14. ur fine the water drips are perspiration the plant will normally expell water thru leaves, you will usually find it happening when one leaf lays on top of the other. the plant is balancing its water intake uptake.