Plants Drink More During Flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grade A, Aug 3, 2014.

1. #1 Grade A, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Edit: did the research myself like I should have in the first place lol

Attached Files:

2. bigger plant, more roots, drink more water. get those things perked up!

flower or veg / plant size = root ball size.

good luck. :smoking:

3. Did it just need more watering? Mine is drooping real hard all of a sudden and Im not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. They sprang back up for a couple hours last night and are dropping again, my lights are going out at 1 so I won't be able to water them again until 5 but I'm sure they will spring back up again.

5. It's been about 4 days since I watered last. The bucket felt lighter when I picked it up. I just gave it about a litre and a half. Just a small amount of water came out the drainage holes at the bottom. I'm hoping it perks up by tomorrow. It still has 7 more hours of light before dark period.

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407168822.702597.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407168835.117274.jpg

7. make sure you don't let them dry out like that too often...glad they are perking back up, if they are drinking wayyyy too much water, like everyday, then they would possibly be considered root bound.

What size containers are those op?

Just use the lift pot method - it's ok to keep the soil moist - just not sopping wet.

8. I think you'll need more than a litre and a half let them go dry, obviously not til drooping, then drown them and repeat

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Even though you edited and did your research, a quick thought that during flower they are making flowers as well as leaves and stem, so yes they do drink more during flower :D

10. I am watering every other day since I went to 12/12, in 18/6 I was watering every 3rd or 4th day, but I would never let them get droopy before watering, just another unnecessary stress for my ladies..(lord knows I stress them out enough)