Planting seed straight outdoors.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CrazyCaptain, Dec 7, 2009.

1. If im planting a seed straight outdoors, no incubating in a styrofoam cup or transplanting or anything, just seed to earth,
    what should I do?
    I heard something about putting seeds in a cup of water and sinkers are good and floaters arent or something like that, what should I do?

2. its a tad bit late to grow out doors...you missed it by like 6 months haha winter is about to start...but ya if you keep the soil moistered you can just plant straight into the ground about a quarter inch and it should germinate fine..you can also germinate them in a wet paper tower in a dark place

3. im planning ahead for april/may. im getting all my research done now so im ready.

4. At least your preparing, that's the good thing. Now what i usually do is germinate them before i plant them, you can do this by taking a paper towel and wetting it to the point that it is soaked but will not drip (hold it up and if it doesn't drip much then you should be fine). Once you have your towel put the seeds inside the towel making sure to give them some space (2in between at least) then fold the top peice of the towel over the seeds and place it into an airtight sandwhich bag or baggie. Then place in a cool dark place. Now the first time i did this they didn't germinate, that's because i had them by the front door so the average temp was around 60-65. So have them in a place thats around 70-75 degrees and they should sprout their roots within 2-5 days. FYI some seeds may take up to a week to sprout. This method has worked for me many times so i see no reason why it wouldn't work for you man. Good luck with your up coming grow man

5. I just dug a 1ft by 1ft by 1ft hole and fill it with the surrounding top soil or good soil and stick a few seeds in the hole and dont use any non organic ferts or dont over fert and you should be able to get at least one good plant out of a few seed in one hole:smoking: