Planting in pots outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by racoonboy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. hey all
    was wondering what you guys think about planting in pots?:smoke:

2. well im a newb but im planting in pots outdoors...it seems better cuz u have more control over ur plant if its in a pot opposed to in the ground

3. planting in pots isnt as easy as plantin in the ground cuz your more likely to have to water them alot more..It may be less work but its not as good and your plant wont get as big as it would as if it was in the ground. One thing im tryin this year tho is buying 5 gallon buckets, drillin big holes on the bottums, and going to a very wet/swampy area and placing the buckets about half a ft. in the ground so the tops will stay airy and dry, but they will always have water all year and the roots can grow down in the soil if they need to. But a main thing you need to worry about is a trail from the air to your plants, its easy for choppers to follow a trail and its easy to make one...if you can go to your spots once every 2 weeks that would be good. If you never go even better....

good luck!!

4. it depends on the size of the of the pot..... I just planted 3 in 1 gallon pots and they overgrew them and had roots comming out of the drain holes but they were autoflower so i am scared to replant them...... So IMO grow them in some black or painted 5 gallon buckets or Large 3 to 5 to 8 gallon pots.... its better to keep them in it incase of emergency due to whether.... you can rescue them rather than if they are in the ground...

5. You'll probably end up with root rot, I would imagine.