Planting beside a river bed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 0239666, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Has anyone on here tried planting beside a river bed where the soil stays mainly moist. I live in a urban area but I'll be going out the country to plant. I wont be able to go to the site every day to water. So would planting in soil close to a river or lake be wise?

2. thats were i grow and pesonaly it's amazing check out my grow journal i think it would help u alot i'll post it in outdoor grow it's tittle will be watersleeps guerilla grow...anymore questions just ask....oh by the way river beds tend to be alittle clayish and rocky so either way ur gonna wanna mixe ur dirt with sum soil or pete moss or both.....anymore questions just ask

3. fert run off in a river or any stream is going to promote alge bloom and may upset the health of the ecosystem and my have adverse affects on fish population:(. just be aware of the enviroment... be green...be careful...and good luck:wave:

4. well i disagree it depends on were ur crick, stream, or river bed is if it's in the woods i don't think so but if it near cattle or highly animal populated wood and theirs not many streams and such then ya u gotta worry about that but if not i think it's a perfect place to grow, my plants are growing great and fast so just learn the lanscape....

5. In a few short days I'll be planting near the Mighty Mississippi.

6. I've heard some major monster stories about plants on the river delta. One that comes to mind reports of a 15 foot plant with a 5 foot cola that broke and regrew several times to resemble a lightening bolt. That's gonna be some good herb. We'll have to have a harvest cup. ;-)

7. Sounds good. I'll definately give it a go.

8. a river is the best i got a little plant started now just plant it far enuff away so when it rains it doesnt over flow it. its natural hydrponics

9. I saw a plant once on an island type thing next to a river and I was gobsmacked. The guy said he never even watered/fed the plants, he planted the seeds one day and comes in a month or 2 and BAM. Full plant ready to harvest.