planted some Roma tomatoes and some Bell Peppers, any tips?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by SmokeUhTon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. there in my veg tent under a 2ft t5 fixture
    will the BELL PEPPERS fruit under 24 hours of light??
    will they even flower ender just blue spectrum???

how many weeks do romas flower?

2. My roma tomatoes reach maturity in 75-80 days I believe.

3. do they flower with blue spectrum or is it like weed nd need to be tricked into fall?

4. Well I actually just started one and it is on 18/6 with blue light so I can let you know in like 90 days haha. I have no other experience with this but I figure since tomatoes just need to be pollinated in order to produce fruit it should not matter what light is on it. I am just experimenting to see what I can grow inside though I grew cucumbers and I kept switching lights I just did straight up pro mix and ph water I got 1 cucumber but it grew and was under blue spectrum. Right now I have my own organic soil made that I will be using so definitely going to get some good results I hope.

5. [quote name='"kahgknow"']Well I actually just started one and it is on 18/6 with blue light so I can let you know in like 90 days haha. I have no other experience with this but I figure since tomatoes just need to be pollinated in order to produce fruit it should not matter what light is on it. I am just experimenting to see what I can grow inside though I grew cucumbers and I kept switching lights I just did straight up pro mix and ph water I got 1 cucumber but it grew and was under blue spectrum. Right now I have my own organic soil made that I will be using so definitely going to get some good results I hope.[/quote]

Yea im usin grow big nd big bloom

6. Fox Farm? I used that on my very first grow but during that grow I began to eat organically so that is when I decided to get into organics. Otherwise I would still be using fox farm as well. I have not grown any veggies with the fox farm though. I am trying not to grow too much inside right now besides my lettuces and such as it is almost spring I am going to be doing an outdoor garden this year. Going to keep the ladies inside and the veggies outside.

7. [quote name='"kahgknow"']Fox Farm? I used that on my very first grow but during that grow I began to eat organically so that is when I decided to get into organics. Otherwise I would still be using fox farm as well. I have not grown any veggies with the fox farm though. I am trying not to grow too much inside right now besides my lettuces and such as it is almost spring I am going to be doing an outdoor garden this year. Going to keep the ladies inside and the veggies outside.[/quote]

Yea the only non organic nute im using is tiger bloom, everything is goooood

Ocean forest is ok but prolly going with DWC next time or make a super soil

8. I did not care for the ocean forest soil. It seemed to be very buggy in my experience. What is DWC?

9. [quote name='"kahgknow"']I did not care for the ocean forest soil. It seemed to be very buggy in my experience. What is DWC?[/quote]

Aha i know what ya mean
    Deep water culture. Hydroponics.

10. I have grown toms in a room before. A little bit of a waste of space when the return is considered. Just use the same nutres as for MJ and they will work well. Prune as necesaary is no problem. I preferred an indeterminate variety however. Roma is determinate. You can keep something like a sweet million or a grape type going for several weeks.
    Good luck