Planted a seed!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blackey, Apr 27, 2012.

1. #1 blackey, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    I got 12 free afghan kush regs the other day i decided since its a shitty day this week, and wont look good till March 1st I am going to plant 2 since i got asked for 10 and got 2 extra. I have germinated and sucessfully had a plant growing for 4 weeks than my fucking cat ate half of it and it was probably going to end up male now from stress and was messed up, so I just plucked it out. I did not use lights with this first expirament plant

Should I be using lights?

I mean, I just put a seed in a party cup just out of pure boredom i didnt feel like germinating or nothing, but is there any benfit, or will it speed up the germinating process if I put the seed in the cup under a 65w CFL?

I already plan to grow outside, and I will be germinating all 18 of my seeds into 18 seperate party cups and putting them in my grow spot in this cool little box with a transparent lid i made (for protection from animals incase my fence does not hold up these first few weeks)

So, Any benefit to putting it under that CFL before it sprouts? If not than its cool i aam just curious =D I thought that maybe the light/heat would speed things up a bit, plus my last plant LOVED this 65w CFL I turned it on when the sun came up, turned it off when the sun went down, woke up the next morning at sun up every day amazed at how much it grew during the dark cycle!

2. Light is not that important till it pokes its head up. Heat helps a little though. When she does poke through you want to double your light. Figure 150w per plant minimum.