Planted 12 days ago - have about 3 months - schedule suggestions?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by boulderrr, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Hello all,

I'm pretty sure I'll be going away around December 18th for a while and probably won't have anyone around to watch my plants. I planted 3 of them in my closet 12 days ago with 2 CFLs. They are doing pretty well. One is way bigger than the others.

They are currently 12 days old. I have about 86 days left (12 weeks and 2 days)

If necessary... how should i schedule them so that I can have them in a storable condition by this time. I'll be back a few weeks later but need a way to keep it preserved. I'm assuming the drying process needs to be done before Dec. 18th as well.

So does anyone have any suggestions when I should begin flowering, harvesting, etc?

I understand that I won't be able to yield much but that's fine with me. This is my first attempt. Any idea about how much I can get out of one plant in this time period with my setup?

I know that's a crapton of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. #2 boulderrr, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
    Also,

I'm currently on 16-8 grow time. Since my time may be constrained, should I increase it to 18 or 24? Or would that be a bad idea to go from 16 to a higher amount while growing?

And (beginners mistake) I am using 2 42W Soft White CFLs right now. I just read that Soft White CFLs are better for the flowering stage. Should I change the bulbs now to 42W daylight CFLs for the vegetative stage? Or would it be bad to change the lighting at this point?

And ONE MORE QUESTION (sorry)...

If I were to find someone to watch my plants while I'm gone, and am able to prolong the vegetative process, how often would they have to be tended to in that stage of their life (3 months or so old). (I have an automatic timer so I guess it depends how often they'd need to be watered).

Thanks so much again.

3. Hey bro - I assume these are in soil?

First, flower times depend on the strain. Indica's can be around 55 days while sativa's can flower for 120 days in some cases. So flower time completely depends on the strain you're growing.

As for having someone else watch your grow - uhhhh....BAD BAD idea. NEVER NEVER NEVER tell ANYONE you are growing. Never. Your chances of being busted go up by 10% for every person that knows about your grow...and we all know that no matter how hush hush you make it, everyone talks smack with other people. So ya tell 1 and he tells another, you are now at 20% risk and so on. NEVER TELL ANYONE. If you can't watch your plants, then they die.

4. You have 420 posts... HA. Yes, they are growing in soil. How often would they need to be looked at if they were to be watched over for a couple weeks? And I'm not sure what strain they are... which adds to my problem.

5. Anyone have any advice? I want to go get new bulbs today if I should indeed switch them.

6. Sorry to bump but I need help.

7. In soil they would have to be watched over once or twice daily I would say just to keep a good eye on watering conditions.

What Klutter said is the truth. Only tell people that you would trust with your life, literally. Popo find out and you're spending years.