Plant #

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toke7288, Jul 8, 2015.

1. #1 toke7288, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Ok so I have a quick question and any input would be great. This is my 1st grow. My setup is:

(1) 4ftx2ftx4ft tent

(2) 400w mars2 led

A 4in exhaust fan

2 small 8in fan to circulate air.

A 4x8in PHresh carbon filter.

My question is to maximize my yield what would be the better plant and pot size. If found out I can fit (7) 3 gallon smart pots or (10) 1 gallon smart pots. I prefer to use my 3 gallon pots but I'm open to any ideas or suggestions. And I'm starting from clone too.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm using ffof soil and the 3 fox farm nutes for soil and humboldts golden tree.

2. White widow is an easy strain to grow for beginners and if done right can have high yield.
    Pots I would say (7) 3 gallon pots over the (10) 1 gallon.

3. Thanks. The only clones my buddy has is .... Og kush. Pure power plant. Cheese. Chemdog. Wonder woman. I believe that's all of them.

4. I can even go down to (5 or 6) 3 gallons of that would help my situation out at all

5. Cheese. Is also has a pretty good yield. Easy for beginners as well.

6. #6 jay719, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    I would only do 4 of the 3g pots in that space. That would only give a 1 x 2 area per plant which would be cramped if they grow decently. You could run more, smaller plants if you want but you wont gain any real yield for the increased plant count. If you plan on vegging for a few weeks four will do.

The only way I would go more than four is if you have a very steady supply of clones, then you could fit up to 32 1g smart pots in a 4 x 2 and flower straight from rooted clone.

7. In you guys opinion what is the best auto flower strain that combines yield, potency, taste and finish time? I'm still doing the clones I just want to get a couple autos started to stagger my harvests to start

8. And any opinions on whether using 16/8 instead of 18/6 light cycle for veg? Just curious

9. Any input at all?

10. For veg, the more light the better. Run 24/0 if you can and then switch to 18/6 the week before you flip to 12/12.