Plant problem help!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thc_native, Aug 31, 2017.

1. but yeah your right mate. you cant grow bud with household cfls. and you certainly cant do a perpetual grow with them in less than a square foot : ) [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That's an auto? I don't know much about them besides they are supposed to be done in what 8-12 weeks from seed? How old is that bush lol?

3. What exactly does this have to do at all with flowering with CFL's?
    And who told anyone to give up? Please - don't put words in my mouth.

I won't argue with you.

J

• Like Like x 1
  4. some of them can be done in that time mate but only the smaller ones. theres been a lot of advancements with autos the last few years. you can now pretty much pick how big you want, how strong you want, how quickly you want to finish and any combination there in. a lot of them arent the same strength as their origional photoperiods but more and more stronger verieties are popping up now. just gotta do a bit research before buying them. mephisto have a pretty good name for day wreckers if thats your thing. thats by dutch passion, 50/50 sativa indica cos im a bit of a lightweight and dont handle pure strains very well. shes at day 72 and will go between 100-120 days. final dry weight expected around 700g. buggered up my first attempt and only got 400 but learned a lot from my mistakes. can put them under any lighting schedule you want and theyll do their thing regardless : )

5. you told him the lights were no good, pot size no good. go away and fix it then come back.
    weed is a wonderful plant that can be grown by anyone in just about any circumstances. i speak to a guy that grows awesome bush in a greenhouse in the arctic. i find it a lot more productive to help people grow with what they have than say no thats wrong. theres no right way to grow weed. youve just got to master what youve got at your disposal. i think the most impressive grows are those that are done with what you or i would see as inadequit/ inadequate/ nah ill give up on that spelling lol but my point is that i think its wrong to stifle peoples dreams. i wouldnt do a full grow with cfl but if the skills are honed in then its perfectly possible to produce quality bud with shitty household lights. ive seen loads of folk do it. just need to use more of them and make sure theyre the right spectrum for the stage of development. i used a single 130w cfl for the first 17 days of that plant because its a 14000k cfl thats really good for early growth and from what ive seen and done i know for a fact it outperforms or at least keeps up with any other light on the market for that stage of the grow. i also know that if you change your bulbs accordingly with each stage of growth then you can indeed grow awesome weed with just cfls. itll be a lot harder than using an amare or a platinum or a blackdog but it can be done. just gotta know how to use them properly and make sure you keep everything else as tight as possible.

6. thats day 12. the last picture i took under the 130w cfl and just double checked, it was 15 days i kept them under that for. [​IMG]

7. right jerry we shouldnt be arguing anyway. it just pushed a button the way you worded your fist message there. were all here for the same reasons. to learn and to teach. ive learned and taught a lot by my faliers and successes and ive seen a lot of people do amazing things with circumstances that seem impossible. i just get really wound up with people being negative towards newbies as i got a lot of it myself wich is what pushed me to learn as much as i did. can you please accept my apolagies and we'll just start afresh. i shouldnt have kicked off like that and im sorry mate. i just like to help guys out that dont have much. thats how i started but now 6 months later i am where i am. i use mostly cheap shite and like to show others that you dont need a lot to get a lot.
    youve just got to put your heart into it.

per mare per tarram
    et vincere aptet

8. So what's the advantage of running an auto like that? How long has that one been growing? It's like a big Afro haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 FiferNoob, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    thats day 72 from seed mate. think the main advantage for autos, other than the speed and size they get is that you can put them under any lighting schedule you want. so you can have plants at every stage of development under one light. a lot of guys will plant say 1 or 2 seeds every 2 weeks so that they can pull one down every other week and have a constant supply with zero worrying about lighting times or the need for seperate veg and flower tents. with photos if you bugger the light hours you can bugger the plant. these will bloom under 2 hours of light or 24 hours of light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. its also possible to just feed them just bloom nutes from day 1. not sure why youd want to but a lot of people do do it lol

11. Some of us are tired of people trying to grow with CFL's. It's a losing battle. You will never grow top shelf bud and good lights are so cheap these days there's no reason to mess around with CFL's. 130 watt cfl's are only putting out about 50 lumens per watt. The amount of actual light intensity you can get is way too low for proper flowers.

The OP has nitrogen toxicity because the low levels of light can only process so many nutrients. If you have that low of actual light level you have to feed at like 1/3rd strength.

The $29 led boards I built veg lights from are near 200 lumens per watt. There's two 60 watt custom built fixtures in a 4x4. 10,000 lumens each.

Want a kit version for $99? Install the hangers, plug it in and go. 2 left. You'll regret it if you don't order one.
    HLG 65
    IMG_0741.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. This is exactly why I suggested losing the CFL bulbs. They simply aren't putting out enough light for healthy plant growth and as the plants get older and bigger the effects of low lighting will only get worse and worse. OP asked what was wrong with his plants and I told him. They'd never get better under a couple of household CFL bulbs.

For anyone to say otherwise - meh.

j

• Like Like x 3
  13. I do it because I've attempted to veg with grow nutrients and I've had phosphorus deficiency. My research on the lucas method in hydro has shown that cannabis can be vegged very successfully with about a 4-8-7 npk ratio.

That's exactly what GH floranova bloom is. I've been vegging with that for the better part of a year. It's got cal/mag included and it's super concentrated. I only feed at about 2ml's a gallon. Cannabis loves phosphorus. If your veg nutrient schedule is low on it your plants will suffer late in veg.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GOt my led replaced cfls finally 300 watt

Attached Files: