Plant only 6 inches high and heading

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Skins62, Oct 12, 2021.

1. I have some reputable feminised seeds and I tried growing some a few months ago. Of four plants the highest only reached a bit over a foot high most plants only went 6-8 inches and went to head prematurely.

I have just put some more seeds in and a plant only 4 inches high is going to seed. The days are lengthening in the southern hemisphere. Are the plants stressed. What can cause this. The soil where I live is alkaline but I have mixed up some potting mix and super organic. The plants start off really well but.... then head premature. Anyone cop this and what are the reasons. Grateful for any suggestions to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just googled the sunrise and set in southern hemisphere and it says in october theres an average of 11 hrs and 28mins...12 hrs of darkness signals the plants to flower. Idk if im understanding the explanation of your issue correctly but seems as if its the light schedule according to my interpretation of what you described.

3. Thanks for the feedback. I didn't mention that the seeds were autoflowering (from weedseed.express). The days are getting longer here and currently 31C to 37C temps around this time of the year where I am. That is mild compared to what it will be in summer. Will the autoflowering also be affected. Are there any other reasons why a plant would head so early. (And I have had a few although they were shorter days)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know absolutely nothing about autos bro. My apologies.

5. You are probably right on regardless. But I was curious if other stresses might cause a plant to head prematurely. When you have all the options then you can have a better educated guess on the issue. No other options at this stage. Cheers thx for the reply

6. Autos should start preflower at 3-4 weeks old, some take longer. They follow their own genetic schedule and nothing you do will have any effect whatsoever on it. Its normal that your plants are short because they aren't getting anywhere near the light that autos should get (18-24hrs).

7. Autoflowers are a real pain in the ass to grow.

8. Autos. What can you expect? Instant gratification but bugger-all yield. You should have put lamps on them as well as sunlight.

• Agree Agree x 1