Plant looks sick strange spots on leaf (pics included)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iarkey, Mar 22, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure what's wrong with these :\ They are 3 different plants btw.

2. that last one looks like nute burn

3. Damn seriously :\ i gave it like 1/4 a liter of water with 1 drop in it once. How can i tell the difference between Nute burn, nute deficiency, heat burn etc.

4. bump. Anyone help with the rest?

5. Dude definetly nute burn

6. Technically speaking there is no such thing as nute burn.

You can not force a plant to eat.

7. roflmao. seriously? his plants are burnt.

8. How can i tell between nute and heat burn?

9. heat stress will show close to the heat source.

10. :confused::confused_2: Something is very wrong with all that

11. they are close to the heat source but i need to know the difference between the look of both.

12. they can look almost identical depending on how hot they get or how much you over feed them. You can tell heat stress because it ONLY shows near the heat source. Nute burn starts at the tip of leaves and works back toward the stem.

13. Ahhh thanks so much :)

14. Burnt leaf tips are signs of a nutrient deficiency, particularly nitrogen.

Once the lights come on and transpiration begins water is pulled up through the plant and so too are nutrients. However the nutrients must first pass through the roots' plasma membrane that covers the outer skin of the roots. This membrane blocks anything from getting into the roots unless it is called for by the plant.

So once at this membrane the plant needs to then expend energy to move the nutrients from the membrane and into the root itself where they will sit awaiting transportation to the growing tissues. A special protein carrier is then employed to carry the nutrients off around the plant.

So there is no way a plant can actually ever get over fertilized. Instead what we see happen, particularly in soil and coco grows, is that the medium itself is over-fertilized as the plants can only take up so many nutrients at any one time some of the nutrients get left behind and depending on stability will soon salt up as the medium dries out. then we add even more nutes and the same thing happens. all the while this is messing up our growing medium and altering the pH. Eventually the pH of the medium becomes pHucked making it difficult for the plant's roots to process nutrients. So this leads to the plant needing to draw on supplies from the leaves, causing under fertilization symptoms.

So any time a guy looks at your plants and tells you for sure it is an over fertilization, he's full of shit.

No disrespect to anyone here. But the facts are the fact.