Plant leafs look sticky?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Chronic~Kush, Jul 18, 2015.

1. this is my 5th day into flowering, going onto my 6th! not quite sure what it is but alot of leafs on one of y plants look like a sticky clear coating on them but there not actually sticky, i dont think this is THC forming bc it was on a leaf or 2 on flowering day 1 but continues to get more each dy now i have quite a few leafs with the problem! not sure what it is anyone have any ideas? and you cant really notice it on camera so i didnt post a pic. but it looks almost as if its wet with a slick sticky coat please help having a bit of worrys

2. Need pic please

3. okay once i turn my lights back on ill try to get the best pic i can!

4. this isnt the sticky leafs, i just checked my babys when i turned there lights back on and most of the sticky stuff is gone, ill post the sticky leaf ina few mins but noticed on one of my plants leafs look like theyy have some sort of deff, i went into my grow box an it was alot colder then usual even tho been slowly gettin colder in there every time its lights out, could the colder temps be creating this problem??

Attached Files:

5. the first picture is the "sticky" leaf, idont know if you can notice it but looks like its wet or somthing when it not actually wet, and also removed these two leafs off the same plant not quite sure what kinda problem it is but could it be from the cold as well, or nute burn ?

Attached Files:

6. Do you still mist your plants? If so, are you using a mixed feed to spray on them?

7. #7 Trichuk, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    What does the temp go down too?

8. no i dont mist anymore because ive heard its not the best to do so in flowering because of mold issues! and today was the lowest it dropped to, at 13 degrees Celsius! i seen it an got a bit panicy because its quite low! an in one of those pics i think i can see a little bit of purple because of the cold!

aslo whats the lowest humidity should go down to before it starts becoming a problem? not really having humidity problems just curious incase it occurs

9. Yeah the plant is not liking that temp. Why is it so cold, do you live in the desert?

10. Your humidity should be around 33 to 45%

11. haha nope newfoundland lolol and im guessing its my ventilation set up, i have a ducting tube intake fresh air from outside bc if not things will tend to get a bit hot with a 400w hps and im guessing it just gets to cold sucking all the cool air in while lights are out, maybe ill have to start taking the ducting inside when my lights go off

12. and okay good, humidity is about 40% and would you recommend misting still? or was i somewhat right about the mold thing an another question, if it gets to cold in there could this prevent the plant from flowering? or just slow down the growth! so many questions ahha tanks so much for the help, first time growing, im doing good actually just ran into some temp problems lol

13. #13 Trichuk, Jul 19, 2015
    Do you have them in the basement? If so..what's the temp in there?
    No misting

14. i do have them in the basement but its more of a ground level, 2 rooms over from my back door! the room temp is currently 19.5 degrees from my wall thermometer even a bit colder then usual! most times its at 23 an grow box is about 20 sometimes 18. and okay no misting haha good

15. Well what I think is happening is, when it gets cold in there the tissue production starts to slow down and the nutes start to crystallize internally and burn your plant. It's not that your feeding them to much...it's just stunned.

16. I was thinking maybe you could add a green light in there for when it's dark. I've read that the greenlight won't disturb the photosynthesis process and will add heat...even if it's just a few degrees.

17. #17 Trichuk, Jul 19, 2015
    Sorry...if it does get to cold..you could lose your plant.

18. Oh and you can also get mold from warm to cold temps.

19. yeah i heard that to about a green light, great idea! and about the cold tissue thing that sounds like it could actually be it, temp in there is 20 degrees now so id say it should be good. next time i turn off the lights im gonna turn my room temp up also untill i look into buying a green light! thanks so much for your help is greatly appreciated. ill post more pics up in a few days to show if they improve or get worse

20. plant looks a bit droopyer today but id say it will pull through!