Plant is turning brown, Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronatog420, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I know this is the wrong forum but I posted on the Sick Plants forum a few days ago and didn't get a response, and the problem is getting worse. The bottom leaves on one of my young plants are turning brown, the two biggest leaves have almost entirely turned brown and now the second set to the bottom is doing the same. I know it is not due to lack of water, and there is a fan blowing right at it, so I don't think it's a heat issue, so it must be some kind of nutrient deficiency. Can someone help me, the plant is in soil with an NPK ratio of 8:5:5.

It also could me some sort of infection. I have two plants, and the other one is fine despite the same soil, temperature and lighting situation, although it is a different strain.

2. Soil is too hot for a seedling, shouldnt have any nutes in it at all. Thats my guess.

Also, if your cell phone has GPS anyone can tell exactly where you took that picture by looking at the EXIF data in photoshop so I suggest you take it down

3. pretty sure it doesn't have a GPS but thanks for the heads up.

I dug down to the bottom of the pot and the soil was very warm. I'm not really sure how to deal with that. I propped the pot up so air could reach the holes underneath it, hopefully that helps. It's weird though that the other plant hasn't had any issues, as the soil is equally hot.

4. #4 Underpantsman, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008

Im sorry man, I forgot what forum this is. When I said "hot", I didnt mean as temperature, I meant the nutrients in the soil and its too much for that small of a plant(seedling) and they were burning the leaves. Not your temps. Sorry about that, just want to be clear.

"Hot" is sort of a slang, I probably shouldnt of used that word in this section.