Plant/herb extractions 104-Making a Calea zacatechichi extract

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Well Calea zacatechichi won the voting. So it looks like this leason will be over on how to make a Calea zacatechichi extract.

Remember to please try to read all these classes in sequential order for background information e.t.c.

So here we go:
    So what is Calea zacatechichi?? Well Calea zacatechichi is a medium sized shrub that has reportedly been used by the Chantal indians of Mexico as a hallucinogen. Its dried leaves are used before sleep to increase dreaming. Its effects are not well documented.

The extract made from Calea zacatechichi can produce psycadelic like effects--possible visuals even.
    Calea zacatechichi can be made into a tea--and this tea will produce a relaxed state, but rarely any visuals.

So what are the effects of Calea zacatechichi??
    Well when made into a tea--or the leaves smoked by themselfs the high is relaxed, and mellow.
    Yet Calea zacatechichi is called the "Sleep herb". Its most common effect is inducing very vivid dreams. Basically hallucinating while you are sleeping.

The effects of smoking the extract include all of the above, and even possible visulizations.
    Note--Calea zacatechichi causes "vivid-dreams" in other words you feel like you are almost awake while dreaming. These dreams can sometimes be controlled. And if you already have pretty visual dreams--Calea zacatechichi will make it easier to see these images e.t.c
    The indians in the past smoked the leaves, and drank the tea to induce dreams of past memorys. This is a very shamnistic like plant.

Please treat this plant with respect--as its purpose is more for shaman purposes then just "getting high"

If Calea zacatechichi doesn't work for you the first time, or the first few times--I recomend--keep trying, adjust your mindstate in a differen't way before each injestion, till you find a mind state that seems to work.

Ok now onto the extract shall we?? :)

Tools needed:
    1.) Alcohol. Prefablly everclear 195 proof. Yet anything thats 60% and above will work fine. But the higher the proof level the more potent and better the extract will be. NOTE--try to get drinking (ethonal) alcohol if you can. Otherwise de-natured will probally do the trick.
    2.) A pot
    3.) A bucket
    4.) The Calea zacatechichi of course!! Go here to get it: www.iamshaman.com :)
    5.) A coffee filter/chesse cloth--I recomend the chesse cloth.

So the extract steps---its quite a easy extract. The only thing I find somewhat diffucult in the extract is getting the everclear--but if you can get it. Use it for this extraction--well worth it. :) lol

Steps for extraction:

1.) Gather your Calea zacatechichi leaves up. Place them into a bucket

2.) Cover the Calea zacatechichi leaves in the bucket with your everclear/alcohol

3.) Let it sit for up to a week--this is basically fermenting the Calea zacatechichi leaves to make sure all the alkaloids come out.

4.) Take the leaves out and FILTER them over a pot THROUGH the chesse cloth/a coffee filter.

5.) SQUEEZE the HELL out of the Calea zacatechichi leaves and get ALL the liquid possible out of them and into the pot.

6.) Take the Calea zacatechichi leaves that you just squeezed out. Put these to the side to dry--once these are TOTALLY dry (i.e. no more alcohol smell/totally dry no alcohol at all in them) you can make a tea with these.
    Or you can just toss them.
    The tea won't really do anything--its sorta just somthing else to do with the Calea zacatechichi leaves if you want to.

7.) Ok back to the liquid in the pot. Put this pot on a stove top burner--on LOW heat. Have ALL the alcohol evaporate/simmer away. And if you do simmer it away on the stove top burner--stir once in a while to discourage burning the extract by accident.

8.) Scrape whats left over at the bottom of the pot--it should be a sludgy like substance. Let this dry TOTALLY. Must be dry for a good/better smoke.

9.) Smoke in a vaporization pipe, or with weed (what I recomend), or you can smoke it by itself.

Hopefully you will feel the Calea zacatechichi effects after smoking the extract. Yet--remember, its a sleep herb, the real effects will usually happen after you fall asleep.
    So go off to dream land, and see what happens ;)

NOTE: I don't know how potent this stuff is. I've never had experiance with it. I'd suggest to keep yourself in check with your dosage. Start at a small dose for the first day. Then go onto a higher dose until you get a good idea of what the dosages will be (what amount will induce a small high, medium high, big high e.t.c. e.t.c.)

peace

ps--I'll start another voting poll thread later for the 105 class, but not until pleanty of people have read this thread. :) :D :smoke:
    ----pz----

2. Biiiizzzzzbumping :) :D :smoke: :hello:

3. im sorry, when i am not in school, i cant read that much, let alone i havetn read a real book in years, wow im lazy

4. lol its all good. :smoke:

5. bumping agian. :)
    :smoke:

6. I'm not getting at you but that's really very sad.

7. bumping.
    I'll probally be making a 105 class soon. And then it will probally jump up to the 110/111/112/113 e.t.c. classes (which will be more advanced)

pz

8. why didn't you start at 1?

9. I started at 101. (I think) either it was 100 or 101.
    Either way the classes are a standard progression like college classes e.t.c.
    100, 101, 102, 103, up to 105 or so and then jump to usually 110, 111, 112 e.t.c.

10. wow, amazingly enough I have a giant ziplock bag full of this stuff in my drunk.

My friends bought it to take to 10,000 lakes festival and left the rest to me... I guess I'll have to try this out, I've heard lucid dreaming can be fun as hell, but I've also heard its hard to do if you smoke before you go to sleep, like i almost always do...

11. ya for sure--try the extract out.
    I defintly want to hear results.
    You should like do it--this weekend. And post your experiance. :p lol! :smoke:

pz

12. bumping this ancient thread as well as my woodrose seed extraction post ("class 105") any requests for another plant/herb extraction please post up in here (or other thread-or salvia thread). I don't want to bump any others though-go search my name for my other "classes" on interesting and legal herbal extraction processes! :)

pz