Plant Height/Width Questions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kidzgot5wagg, Jun 23, 2018.

1. So, I have 4 plants. 2 SFV OG & 2 Candyland. I don’t know which plant is which because I lost their labels transplanting them. 2 of the plants are short and bushy which I’m guessing might be the Candyland since its a hybrid. The other two are tall and long lanky branches which could be the SFV? I bought them all as clones at the same time. I’ve fimmed them about twice now. How do I get the short bushier ones to grow longer branches? They all seem to be staying close to the main stem. Unlike the other two plants which seem to be growing taller and lankier. Also do I keep the taller plants closer to the light and the shorter plants further so they stretch up? I’m running two MarsHydro 96 Reflector LEDs. Also I just transplanted so they look a little frail.

Attached Files:

2. You got it right man, as far as I know light is the biggest factor for how your plant will stretch. you already understand how distance works so I won't explain that but does that mars led have a veg and flowering switch? Veg is typically more blue light whereas flowering will have more red. I do not know the science behind it but I know blue light is better for veg because it helps build leaf mass and helps the plant not stretch. Red light helps obvioustly with flowering but it makes the plant stretch also. One more thing that would help stretch BUT may have more cons than pros is to give a little more dark time... if youre at 18/6 you can go to 15/9 to make them stretch more, dark also helps stretch.. this is why you get the flowering stretch because you go to 12/12.. lots of dark..

When I was writing that I forgot about your taller ones also lol.. same diff just backwards lol... more Blue, more light..

3. I would suggest training also, escpecially if you're multi straining and getting totally different plants, it will help your canopy height

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I second that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The LEDs do have Veg/Grow and Flower/Bloom switches. Thanks!

6. I’d supercrop your four mains (they are probably a little large to just tie down), and tie them down. This will allow all the nodes on those branches to grow vertically as well as widen your plant. Once the tips of the four mains turn and grow up a little, top them all for 8 colas. Depending on how long you want to veg, you can keep supercropping vertical growth and create more colas as they grow vertical, or if she’s matured, take off all undergrowth that is below the canopy, and take all mature fan leaves except top two nodes, and throw her into flower

7. I’m still having the same problems. Tall plants keep getting taller and my short ones arent growing much.

8. Tie your branches down. Look up Low Stress Training (LST). Your plant will bulk up.

9. Thanks, I just did that. I also raised my taller ones higher cause them girls are stretching man. They’re almost at half my grow height. So I’m gonna have to switch to flower soon or what.

10. Show us a picture of them tied down? Maybes other people could help better than me. :)

11. Two of them keep growing up up up and the other two are just like meh.

Attached Files: