Plant getting very bushy

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by droski09, Aug 12, 2009.

1. My plant has been in the veg cycle for about 2 weeks now and seems to be bushing out alot more than its growing vertically. I have my CFL's in a home made reflector with 2 Y joints and spaced alittle to cover around the plant. The node spacing also seems really small. Also some of the big fan leaves seem to be tilting/curling but not sure if its just tilting towards the light. Im not sure because this is my first grow. Any input on my plants health/condition would be appreciated.

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Man they look real good to me. Really most people have the opposite problem. What strain are they?

3. Haha cool thats really good to know. Not sure on the strain I got the seed out of some dank that I had, so atleast I know its decent. Looks indica dominate to me but im not sure.

4. yea indica dom for sure......a bushy plant could yield a ton.......if u veg it long enough

5. Yeah, i was planning on vegging it for a decent amount of time. Do you recommend topping this plant or should i just let it be?

6. no dont top it that will just stress your plant and if its indica it will be short and bushy alreadyy with out having to top it if anything you should do LST

7. That plant looks nice as hell.

/thread

8. cfls will grow the plant nice and compact with the nodes close together as long as you keep them as close to the plant as possible becarfull they will burn em if not constantly cooled by a fan

looks like she's doing great

9. Just noticed these spots on the back right leaf. Is this something worse to come?

click:
    [​IMG]

10. you have defeciencies starting....post your grow details...ASAP

11. Im using Fox Farm Grow Big for vegging. At my most recent water change 2 days ago I stepped up to recomended strength (3.5teaspoons for 3.5 gallons), up from 50% strength. I just checked my Ph by letting a little water drain out the bottom into a cup and it checked out fine.

12. Nevermind the Ph is low, my scale only reads to 6.8 and its alot yellower. What do you recommend for Ph up besides the actual stuff?

13. #14 Ganja Guerrilla, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    your plant is also showing nitrogen toxicity (dark green drooping leaves..."the Claw") and I believe is the root cause of your issues

post your PPM's and your PH....I think you will find the PPM's are too high, possibly beginning lockout

14. your doing hydro, yeah?

drop your PH to 5.5-5.8.......6.8 is for soil

whats your PPM's

15. My Ph is low, probally 5.8-6, I cant tell exactlly though because its a water sample one and it only goes down to 6.8. And how do I check the PPM. Thanks

16. Going to go buy a PPM meter right now lol

17. good job.....prerequisite to good hydro control

get some PH Down that contains phosphoric acid while your there to keep your PH in the 5.5-5.8 optimum zone

18. Can the meters be found at local stores like pets mart? or do I have to make a trip out to the hydroponics shop again?

19. yeah this cant be had at the pet shop

lots of online sources as well as your local hydro shop

truncheon style are the best and there is a cheap one thats sold on ebay thats works well