Plant drooping and bottom leaves turning yellow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by buckweed, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I have three plants growing outdoors in my garden one of them is having a gender issue I have a thread on it, that's another subject altogether. Both of those are on one side of the garden , the one with the drooping issue is on the other side of the yard. All three in regular garden soil nothing special but I add some sea soil and organic compost before I planted them. I've been feeding all three MG (NPK 24,8,16 ) from the start , watering regularly (4gal per watering) 2 days feed 1 day water 2 days feed 1 day nothing been since April, no issue at all growing green and tall 5 feet plus tall. I have other vegetable plants growing along side them and they all look fine.
    I did make one change to feeding on all three plants I had some left over Pure blend compost tea 0.5-0.5-1 that I wanted to get rid of this season and used that for one feeding last week, didn't notice any adverse effect.
    Now for the last three days it's been drooping, (I stopped watering after the day I saw it drooping 3 days no water) it's not lack of water, too much water not sure, maybe. Leaves are still green except for yellow ones at the bottom, no other discoloration. I try to PH the water 6-7 before feeding.
    I will test the soil for PH tonight. I have to other idea's how to proceed.

2. Too much water will cause the drooping leaves. Pay close attention to the retention rate of your soil medium if you are growing pots or bags. Here is an interesting excerpt from an article I found while writing this post:

"Saturation is the soil water content when all pores are filled with water. The water content in the soil at saturation is equal to the percent porosity. Field capacity is the soil water content after the soil has been saturated and allowed to drain freely for about 24 to 48 hours. Free drainage occurs because of the force of gravity pulling on the water. When water stops draining, we know that the remaining water is held in the soil with a force greater than that of gravity. Permanent wilting point is the soil water content when plants have extracted all the water they can. At the permanent wilting point, a plant will wilt and not recover. Unavailable water is the soil water content that is strongly attached to soil particles and aggregates, and cannot be extracted by plants. This water is held as films coating soil particles. These terms illustrate soil from its wettest condition to its driest condition."

Source: Plant and Soil Sciences eLibrary

Good luck! Wilting plant might be fighting a root sickness or needs a transplant.