Plant drinking slowly and plant maintenance?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LordVoldefart, Oct 23, 2012.

1. One of my plants is drinking slow, like not more than 200-500ml a day of water it seems.

Said plant is a dutch passion polar light #2 auto flowering (fem).

I'm not sure if this nute lockout or just because its a small plant (probably 25cm tall).

The humidity and temps of the tent/res are high. Usually around 70%+ and 24-26c temps (with similar res temps).

However, there is a plant right next to this one that is 3x the size and drinking about 1.5+ litres a day (which seems right as its bigger), but this plants intake has been consistent, where'as the other plan USE to drink around the same amount, and now its dropped down.

Said plant is quite a bit into flowering now. It's getting red hairs and thicker buds. I'd give it a few more weeks to be done (this is my first grow, just going off what i think here).

as a note, the other plant is auto flower nirvana bubbleicious (fem), so it IS a different strain.

There could quite possibly be nothing wrong at all, and its just that its so small and drinking so slowly, as well as my first grow that i don't know any better, but things just seem off.

Any ideas would be awesome.

Also have no real clue about approaching proper clipping / plant maintenance. There are quite a few necrotic looking leaves on the bigger plant, as well as a lot of foliage that probably doesn't need to be there.

Are there any good guides on doing this properly?

Thanks.

2. A small plant like that won't take much water so it's likely that its drinking what it needs to. As for trimming and all that, I don't know of a specific guide but you are fine to remove yellowing leaves or leaves that are obviously done. Just use a good quality pair of shears or trimmers. Cut the leaf off right at the base without messing with anything else. Nothing hard about it, use common sense. If a leaf is still green, then it's best to leave it since its still helping the plant grow.