Planning on a small grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by StonerSpoon, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Hello grasscity,
    I aspire to be a grower soon but I have limited space and I would like it to be low profile with a carbon filter to remove the smell and will also purchase other items to remove the odour during the flowering process. I do not have a lot of money to invest however if you guys really think it would be better for my money to spend more I will wait and save up some more. My space is (H:56cm,W:49cm,L:67cm) I have enclosed a picture below. What do you guys think? Also should I start with a CFL Light setup or HPL?

-StonerSpoon

[​IMG]

2. #2 G'Day Kangaroo, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Bongsauce's micro cabs and stuff. (help thread)

The link above is to a journal/help thread from a brilliant micro grower on GC. Bongsauce is the dude that you want to follow. Read his stuff. If you still have questions when you've complete it shoot him a PM. He's a nice and knowledgable fellow. His work on here has helped me incredibly. Cheers to ya!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am also in same boat.

Just started today.Kept seed in glass water in dark room.

4. wow thanks alot G'Day Kangaroo, I try my best :)

StonerSpoon - That's a pretty tight spot for a hps, the height is gonna be your biggest obstacle. If your budget is tight I'd suggest maybe starting with some cfl bulbs or led bulbs till you can save up more money for the key parts to your system..Like a light, fan, and filter. The first month of grow goes pretty slow and doesn't take as much light or room...that would give you more time to get $ for better equipment. Is there any possibility of a larger area? like a dresser, tent or closet? ..If not, we can figure a way to work with this.

I'm real big on diy COB leds these days..hit me up if you wanna know more about that. If you're only interested in a plug and play light, you might wanna look into a small led panel. Maybe supplement it with a few extra lights...this area here is near the same size as what you're working with..it's lit up by a mars reflector48, it runs about 100w and I have 6 extra led bulbs that are 13w each...totaling about 175w over that area/plant. So, for flowering I recommend about 150w for your area..a little more if you're running cfls. You still need to fit a fan and filter too though so figure if that shit can maybe go on the outside to save room. That will generate alot of heat that must be removed by a solid fan/filter set up.

You'll definitely need to do some topping, training or lst to keep the plants low...check out this area.

good luck, your results will depend on the amount of work you put into it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The guru stops by! Cheers to ya, Bongsauce. No need to thank me. I'm just telling the truth. Your stuff has been incredibly enlightening. Seriously, I owe you a great debt and want to thank you. I have a deep respect for your talents, craft, and knowledge. No ass kissing. You deserve the recognition.

StonerSpoon--> Bongsauce's advice is important to heed. The dude has pulled off amazing weight in unbelievably tight spaces. Sorry to jumping in your thread. I just wanted express my appreciation. Let us know what you decide and how your future grow goes. Cheers to ya, Spoon.

• Like Like x 1