Planning my first grow, please share your thoughts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sprbld417, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys I've been brainstorming about this for a long time and I feel like it's time for me to take my first attempt at cultivation. I have very little knowledge about cultivation and botany in general, but I feel like I can take it on.

I plan on growing by means of using the SCROG method and hydroponics. I've been researching but I haven't found much detailed info about it. Is there an article or something that explains the whole process of building a scrog setup, theory and how it works, and applying hydroponics and LST in full detail or maybe step by step or something? I know what the scrog method is, and I'm sure if I winged it with some tidbits of info here and there I would produce something even if it took a couple of attempts.. but for the time being, I would rather research and learn and have a good understanding about everything before I start sinking my time and money into it.

Thank you for reading. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Okay, here is a s much as I can cram into this fast post, man
    First, Im only a newbee on this forum, not to growing these sacred medicinal flowers
    I would start with soil. While this IS a biased opinion, I will say why
    it is harder for someone starting out to fuck up AS MUCH with soil. Especially if one is going organic. My friends started out, after their move, with fox farm ocean forest, because they had not had the time to make their own.(they currently have a batch of supersoil brewing, to see if it lives up to its hype)...and their results are nice so far(see pics if I dont forget).
    The only thing they use is teas made from guano, kelp, molasses, earthworm castings, and-sometimes- humic acid.
    Sometimes they add lime(if pH is too acidic) or epsom salts, if they notice a need.
    Keep in mind, they just moved and havent got everything they need, but for now its working fine
    I feel your idea for screenofgreen is great. productive, me thinks. A tek he has yet to try but, will in a few weeks. I feel it is easy to do,
    LST plus screen, if you have the time and the patience, your yield will bee wonderful
    Lst, plenty of teks, just use bread ties(they use that same stuff, but on long rolls, from kmart) to tie main stem to pots circumfrence, one bit at a time(drill, bore holes 2" apart.)as it grows.
    Scrog, build a frame, 3x3 or 4x4, even 2x2, and hammer a nail on top edge of 2x4's every 2-6", and use hemp twine(what else WOULD you use?) :D to make a grid by looping around nails. Put this frame on legs that reach a foot or so above your LST plant, and when they poke thru and start stretching, weave them through othjer holes if needed
    Man, I gootta go for now, hope this Helps, ask anyting you need to, I will help if i remember about this thread. Pm me if I forget
    Peace man
    (~);}

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      561.1 KB
      Views: