Planning my first grow Need help with soil and nutes.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheMysticalOne, Mar 14, 2015.

1. I'm going to plant some autos  (3 big bang, 2 Northern Lights) to gain some experience (and bud of course [​IMG]) that will help me with my second, bigger grow in summer. So i got a couple of questions.

Im gonna grow in the woods, guerilla style.

If i mix some organic soil with perlite how is it gonna work out ? Do i need to put the soil at the grow spot weeks before planting or can i just put the soil and plant the seed ?

From what i've read i need a fertilizer for veg and one for flowering. Is there gonna be a problem if i use non-organic ferts while using organic soil ?

I have a trip planned so i won't be able to check out my plants for like 10 days... What can i do so they have enough water for 10 days ? I read about some crystals that hold water and release it when the soil dries.

Should I LST ?

What is the best way to protect my plants from wind ? I need something that won't stand out. Will tying them to nearby trees with strings help them ?

I found some recipes for natural bug repellents. Do those alter the taste/smell of the buds ?

Sorry for asking too many questions, this is my first time growing and im trying to figure out some stuff... Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. Outdoor is the best in the beginning i love the woods it feels like home i like using ten gallon pots perlite and organic ok and for ferts man look into heavy harvest 3 part mix has a sping summer and fall mix ive never used anything for outdoor that worked so well amd i always put a little bit of bone and blood meal and worm castings in my mix but your figure out what you like further down the road enjoy and happy growing remember find a nice spot that has east to west open as much as poss8ble enjoy and update us happy growing

3. I stake mine up i the only lst ill do in bend them over and stake them down kinda grow it horizontal but only if i dont have the space and as far as soil being in the spot i would normally go out clear brush in immediate spot dig my holes put my pots in and a rain catcher i use a tote for small grows put my soil in water it leave it sit go germinate put in starter pots take care of them either indoor or like on the porch untill they are strong then to the spot after they are somewhat healty and strong but as far as autos go ive never done them but from what i read they hate transplanting so maybe someone else can help on that end

4. Yeah i think transplanting autos should be avoided because it takes a couple of days for them to recover. 

5. Cool i dont know why ive never grown them i guess im just a skeptic for a long time but the more and more i read im intrested what are some big yeilding autos anyone know