Planning my first grow ever-would like some help/suggestions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bearodactyl, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Hi all, I'm new to this forum, have yet to try a grow, and was hoping to get some help so I can start. I'm not very far, so far I only have the container(pics below) and an idea of what strain I want to use(want to use C99). The container is a 3' tall x 2' wide x 1.5' deep. It came with two removable shelves, and the shelves have 4 attachment points, each about 6" above the last one. The current location is right in front of an electrical outlet, and is in a fairly private room. I plan on getting a bathroom fan and putting a carbon filter in it, however I would like to know if I should have facing the wall(the one behind it, that is) or the ceiling, or if it even matters where it points. Intakes will be on the sides. What I really need help with though is the lighting. I saw some people here use several small cfl bulbs, and others just use less of the long bulbs. Which would be better? And would I be able to get away with just one type of bulb, or would I have to use different types for the different stages of growing? Any further suggestions/comments/criticisms are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]