Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mithrandir, Nov 18, 2011.

1. If anyone has not smoked a bowl or two and sat down and watched planet earth, I highly advise you do so. Does anyone else love this series?

2. I DO!! :D
    Seriously one of the best things to watch stoned. I love it :]

3. Yup :). Through the Wormhole is pretty good, too. Kind of in the same vein.

4. David Attenborough honestly has the best voice in human history...

5. [quote name='"420stonedpanda"']David Attenborough honestly has the best voice in human history...[/quote]

I couldn't agree more

6. Watching Planet Earth after a big session, the moment they pan over Angel Falls my mind cried a tear, most beautiful thing ever is the world around us

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-3r5fjIr4[/ame]

7. Cave episode is the best. Or Ocean Deep while listening to STS9 yo. Sync that shit up at the beginning.

8. [quote name='"samash"']Cave episode is the best. Or Ocean Deep while listening to STS9 yo. Sync that shit up at the beginning.[/quote]

Haha i love muting it and listening to music over top.

9. Now check out Human Planet.

The episode concerning the Ocean was pretty badass and for the jungle people too, that was badass too. :metal:

10. ^^^The guys in those treehouses were crazy, and those dudes who speared whales...
    Can't believe people can actually do stuff like that.

11. Hmm, haven't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out. Thanks :smoke:

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA8xw92QD3w]Top 5 Hunting Animals in BBC Planet Earth - YouTube[/ame]

You learn to respect the power that some animals can behold, personal favorite would have to be that crocodile attacking the wildebeests.

13. [quote name='"Flannel"']Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA8xw92QD3w

You learn to respect the power that some animals can behold, personal favorite would have to be that crocodile attacking the wildebeests.[/quote]

Speaking of raw power, that scene when the shark jumps out of the water is incredible. Such a beast!

14. BBC and its nature documentary's were made for stoners, there's nothing better than smokin a J and checkin out one of there doc's

15. Fuck yeah watching it now

16. Earth on bluray on decent HD and you will be immersed!

17. Love watching it blazed I get mind fucked each and every time

18. I think I first kind of heard about this from the movie Blue Planet, but I never really knew about the actual show. Well, from the posts on here, I decided to give it a shot. I've only seen Great Plains, yet, but I was really impressed. I'm going to watch Ice Worlds and Caves next.

19. #19 Highbinder, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Love it. Watched it on mushrooms on Blueray INCREEEEDDIBLE. I was lost in it.

I have a copy of the series on my laptop, I think Dave's voice and the subject matter perfect to fall asleep to. I usually get about 10 minutes watched before dropping out.

Are there any other series, BBC or otherwise, that compare?

20. So far I've seen From Pole to Pole, Great Plains, Seasonal Forests, Ice Worlds, Freshwater, Caves and I've seen about half of Ocean Deep, which I'll finish tonight.

So far, Seasonal Forest has been my favorite but I'm really liking what I've seen from Ocean Deep. Seasonal Forest makes me misty eyed at certain parts. The scene where they showed the extent of the redwoods in california left me in awe. It makes me think about how much of the natural world we've lost. It's such an amazing episode. I'm just kind of dissapointed that they didn't show any Grizzly Bears. Bears are my favorite animals and I was expecting to see at least a brown or black bear.