Plan B

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Blazed Person, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Im not quite sure if this is in the right section but i would appreciate all the feedback i can get. I had a broken condom with my gf today and accidentally came inside her. I went to a pharmacy today and tried to buy a morning after pill. I am a 20 year old male with identification and the woman pharmacist refused to sell me plan b. She said she needed to see the ID of the girl taking it. I told her that anyone 17 or older can legally buy this and she had no right denying me that. I then spoke with a manager and told him he would be hearing from me later. Does anyone know if this is illegal or not? might i add the lady was being a bitch about it too. I feel like she has no right to know what i plan on doing with this pill...any feedback? thanks GC

2. Strange. I just recently needed plan b (I'm 20 and my bf is 22) and he picked it up for me with just his id. I thought that he wouldn't be able to purchase it at the pharmacy, but he was, so there can't be any laws that would stop you from purchasing it as long as you're old enough...I think that pharmacist was just being a byotch.

3. I got mine at the local grocery store.....shits expensive,but I already have 3

Businesses can refuse service to anyone....next time tell them it's for you and skip the hassle....if they refuse for your consumption I'm sure you can sue for that

Good luck

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    The laws change all the time, but this was the last I was aware;

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/qa-otc-access.html

"Can pharmacies sell EC to a man? An older sister of a 16 year-old? A woman who is buying it “just in case”?

Yes.

The FDA does not specify that the product must be sold to the intended user. The only requirements to purchase Plan B One-Step, Next Choice and Levonorgestrel Tablets directly from the pharmacist are that the purchaser is 17 or older and can show proof of age. "

And more recently...

CVS Refused to Sell Man Plan B Morning-After Pill - ABC News

"CVS Pharmacy offered a mea culpa (an 'our bad') Thursday after a pharmacist denied the sale of the morning-after pill to Isaac Kurtz of Houston. The pharmacist told Kurtz she was acting on “personal belief” and not store policy.

“She tells me she needs to speak with the woman,” Kurtz told the Houston Press. “I’m taken aback by this and ask her what she needs to talk to her about. I bought them here before without issue. She then tells me she won’t sell it to me.”

CVS store policy does not prohibit men from buy(ing) the morning-after pill, and under federal law, anyone over the age of 17 can buy Plan B without a prescription.

“We apologize for the isolated incident in our Houston pharmacy in which a male customer was unable to purchase this item,” CVS spokesman Michael DeAngelis said in a statement. “We are following up on the pharmacy staff to ensure that our policies are properly followed to prevent a recurrence of this incident.”

While a business can potentially deny service to anyone they choose, it sounds like you may want to speak to the manager, a district manager, or a 'higher-up' employee, and make a complaint.

You were trying to behave responsibly, while dealing with a time-sensitive matter, and they denied you... not cool! :mad:

5. I don't get it.
    So they would rather that a young girl gets pregnant than selling a morning after pill? that's just dumb.
    Thats like not selling condoms to underage people.
    Thats like making weed illegal.
    People are still going to fuck no matter what age they are, and people are still going to smoke no matter what laws there are.

But dont worry, coming inside her once wont get her pregnant (not likely).

6. yea im just trying to play it safe. Yea i plan on calling and trying to get as far up the chain as i can. I just dont know who she thinks she is saving by refusing to sell me the plan b.

7. Well if your girlfriend get's pregnant you could always sue the condom company. I'm sure you'll get a nice settlement. If it's a time sensitive issue, why not just go to a different store instead of wasting your time trying to fight it, or just bring your girlfriend in with you?

8. That's fuckin dumb,it's not like you can get high off of it or anything.

9. So, is the idea of not selling it to men so that they don't give it to an unwilling woman?

I.E. (hypothetical) I get a girl pregnant, she wants to keep it, and I don't. I grind it into a powder and put it in her drink?

Is that the logic behind preventing men from buying it?

10. Next time, or go back and take a Pic of her. Spook the shit out of her.

11. i took care of it and went to another store which had no problem selling it to me. I just thought that it was wrong that she was refusing me service because i was a guy, even more so with plan b. Just because she feels like being a bitch doesnt mean she should potentially ruin someones life.