PK's roof-top organic grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ParanoiaKills, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Will I have a successful harvest....?

1. Yes!!

100.0%
  2. No way! Jack the Ripper will find me!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Good morning GC. I haven't been on here, or grown in over 4 years, all my old followers and subs are surely gone, so let me re-intro myself. I grew some pretty dank plants for 3 years, no problems, until I came across a pretty nasty case of powder mildew, after a weekend ski getaway during a snowstorm, which let to a power outage for 2 days, and ultimately, powder mildew. After trying to thoroughly cleaning the room and starting to grow a few times, which all led to more PM and failures, I finally gave up. 4 years later I'm still dying to grow, still in the same house, so I'm taking my adventures into the wild.

So this journal is starting bare bones. I've already scouted for over a month on the ideal spot. Now that I've found and cleared said spot, today was the day to start hauling in some tools and digging some holes :)

I've got 6 holes dug, with 3.5 gallon buckets. I've got 4 holes drilled in the top rim of each bucket for LSTing, as well as 5 holes on the bottom of the bucket for drainage, as well as 2-3 inches of drainage rock underneath the buckets for.....well, drainage. The spot is covered by 6-8 foot tall bamboo looking plants, with no visible trail leading to the clearing, I try to be as careful as possible coming in to not break any plants or create a path to the plants. I'm coming into this grow with the assumption that someone will find these plants....but doing all I can to not be spotted. I am, after all, growing in a very small section of woods that is plotted right in the middle of a fairly large city, and can also hear the highway and train tracks from my spot. Ain't gonna be easy lol, but either way I'm fulfilling my needs to start growing again.

So I've got 10 seeds that have already been ordered a week ago, 5x forest fruits auto, and 5x caramelicous, all ordered from AMS. I've also got some living organic soil that should be arriving shortly as well. Everything will be started on a windowsill and thrown outdoors as soon as I have a true set of leaves.

So, here's a pic of the current set up. Before I leave today, I plan on spray painting the tops of the buckets black for concealation, as well leaving a garbage bag with dirt on top of the buckets so that nobody spots the easy to see red buckets before they are filled with dirt. I'm just taking a quick smoke break after digging all these damn holes lol, and figured I'd start my journal right away.

I've had many journals here before, and I will update every time I come out here. I do my large tool hauls at night under cover, having an enormous weekend hiking backpack helps make lugging bags of drainage rock and soil here a little easier :)

So, welcome to my journal, and as always, be polite and pass to the right

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok buckets are painted, tools are hidden and it's time for me to get outta here. Coming here with a joint or two is always a fun adventure :) camoflauging the buckets until I come back next time, since they aren't full of soil, insides are red and easy to spot. Garbage bag, some soil and leaves will keep it hidden from the quick naked eye :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I like watching guerilla grows, have not done one in a long time even though I seem to always say I may do one the following year for fun.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Complication come with every guerilla grow. Lol. The spot I was at had a ton of poison ivy....and let's just say I'm itchy as all hell right now lol. Auto sees also came in pretty late, just a couple days ago. But! I purchased two plants from a buddy of mine that are already teens, I've relocated my grow area, and I'm popping two autos, only because it's a little later than I expected. I'm doing some transplants today and I'll get some pics up after that. As of this AM one of my autos popped, hopefully the other pops tonight and I can sew them into some dirt later this week.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alright here's a couple pics. Undisclosed strain names, let's call them A, the Lankier one, and B, the bushier one. A breeder I know passed them along to me and this was the only stipulation. At the moment they're a tad rough on the edges, but I'll get them to perk up in no time.

This morning I transplanted both of them into bigger containers, better soil, and I also started some LSTing. Both are already pre-sexed also And also, both autos I started to germinate have also popped, I should be dropping them into a bucket of soil shortly

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Ok, and we have seedlings! They popped up yesterday, which was perfect since it was cloudy, and today they're getting full sun. I'll put them in 3.5 gal buckets as soon as they have their first set of true leaves.

I brewed up some EWC tea yesterday, and fed and foliage sprayed them this morning with the brew. Came home this afternoon and caught one of the plants leaves in full praying mode she's looking happy

That's about it for now. I also started watering with water from my dehumidifier. Don't have to worry about evaporating chlorine, and the PH is pretty legit coming in at 6.9

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just some quick pics of the recovery. Things have coke a long way since my friend dropped off these two plants. LSTd both of them this AM, looking fine this PM. Cookie is looking much better then chem. But new growth is looking fantastic on both. Both seedlings are right about at the same stage, one is a little lankier and weaker stemmed then the other. She'll get stronger tho, only the strong survive lol. Still haven't watered since last update[​IMG]t[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hooked up the LED today, figured heck, I might as well give these autos as much light as I can. So let's run an experiment. Direct sunlight throughout the day, followed by LED throughout the night. Tomorrow will be cloudy too, I'll just leave them in all day.

My grow journal just got so much cooler with LED purple lights. Heck yeah. Lmao[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. My seedlings showed signs of underwatering today first time for everything. Caught them (hopefully) just in the nick of time, gave them a good watering today. They haven't gotten an EWC bath yet, so I mixed some up last night and watered them today. Also foliage fed the larger plants as well as the seedlings.

Outside, reassuringly that no more leaves are going cryptic looking from over watering, I started cutting off some of the hurt, war ravaged leaves. I think I'm watering them tomorrow with plain water.

I also organized my grow closet! Everything has a place now, and I installed a towel rack and shelf on the door to make up for wasted space. You should've seen this closet yesterday...lol. Also moved the electrical outlet above the dresser, which is built into the closet, so now the cord goes right thru the drawer, into the closet. No more gross cords hanging everywhere, going under the closet door [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Watered the big girls today. They've been getting a high ph, 6.2-6.3, so today I gave them 5.6-5.7. About to go out for a bike ride with a big ol blunt rolled with a buddy

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 ParanoiaKills, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Rooftop growing is no doubt, where it's at. It's slightly breezier up here, which keeps airflow thru the plants and keeps flying pests away. It's warmer up here due to the black top roof, which cannabis loves heat. And there's no god damn deer or rats up here to chew on my leaves.

So one seedling succumbed. Upon dismantling the pot a couple days after her death, I noticed there was barely any lava rocks at the bottom for aeration. Which explains why it looked over watered, cuz indeed she drowned other "seedling " is now in its final 3.5 gallon pot, and will probably be given her first LST tomorrow or the day after.

Cookie seems a little N deficient. I added a little bone meal into her watering today. Also bubbling up a foliar spray that'll be ready tomorrow AM with some extra bone meal also. Other then that everything got watered today, and shits look decent
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Watered everyone last night with a quick recipe of.....everything. Just about every amendment I had went into the tea, it was only brewed briefly, 6 hours max. Cookie and caramel were both tied down a little more today also. No pics, rushing too Boston this AM and didn't have the time for a photo shoot. Hoping the tops fold down soon and I start getting some buds off of these ladies, getting too big for my roof haha. Everyone also got a foliar spray this AM as well

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spider mites! DEATH FROM ABOVE!!

Can't really complain tho, as it's my first curve ball, and I caught it pretty quickly. No webs, only one plant seems to be affected, tho non were spared. Doing a habanero-garlic-rosemary spray down. They legit just drop from the leaf after spraying non we're found 1 minute after spraying. Found a few eggs, scraped them off, but I'll be spraying again in 2 days. I'm thinking 4 sessions will be generous

Things are looking good tho. Both mature plants are starting to form buds, stoked! Auto is starting to grow some nodes, double stoked. Auto is looking like my best plant I've possibly ever grown at this point nothing seems to be going wrong, tho it's still early

Here's a couple pics, the family together, bud sites on cookie, and close up of the auto. Letting things dry up in the shade until most of the water droplets are gone. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks man, not bad for starting late in the season, and having very close neighbors on all sides of me lol. Hence the bushes in a desperate attempt to hide them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Right be careful.
    I just asked you in that other thread how you use humic acid as a foliar spray

17. So if you just want a humic foliar spray, I mix 20ml per gallon. I never need a gallon so I usually do 5ml to a quart.

But you can also get pretty fancy with recipes, making an ACT, aerated compost tea. I'll give a quick example, 5 ml humic, half teaspoon kelp, half teaspoon alfalfa, half teaspoon molasses, and full teaspoon-teaspoon and 1/2 of earth work castings. This is the real deal here. The worm poop contains heavy amount of micro organisms that do wonderful things to your plants, and the molasses feeds the micro Ogs, so that they multiply by the thousands every hour. The kelp and alfalfa contain some great nutes that your plant would love to suck up as well. You bubble this in a bucket for 18-24 hours, and at that point it is ready to be strained and foliar fed. Always do this before the sun/lights come on. Not only will it burn your plants with direct light, but plants have what's called stomata, and that's what essentially sucks in this foliar feed, but the stomata closes above 70-75 degrees, at the peak of the day and heat

You can also add anything you want to this, blood meal for N, bat guano for K, anything you can think of, and your plant will absorb it. Humid acid is full of chelates, which helps your plant absorb nutes easier. You can also make a larger version of this and feed it as you normally would with water, which I usually do every three waterings

There's a lot to learn about humic, too much to type, but hopefully this was enough to perk your interest to learn more about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks so is that okay to spray them on while I'm in flower like this? Only 2 weeks or less from Harvest on one plant
    If so I'll try that and spray it on them tomorrow.

Every Amendment you named in your post right there is in my soil already that's what I amended it with in March.
    Alfalfa kelp worm castings bone meal fish bone meal blood meal plus a lot more other stuff I put it in.
    I had a truckload of soil.
    I put Perlite pea stone clay pellets kitchen waist pretty much you name and it's in there if it was good for a plant I put it in there brown sugar coconut milk molasses yup it's all in there. And or I'm feeding it to them as in the coconut milk molasses

19. No I wouldn't spray anything on your plants at this point imo, I'm almost done spraying my plants for their lifetime, if you do spray just be super careful....and don't spray the buds. You don't want your smoke tasting like work poop lol

• Like Like x 1