Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pizza delivery!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Amped, Oct 26, 2010.

1. If your a pizza delivery guy, do you need to pay for gas?? Cause then i dont get it how do you even get money when you get paid minimum wage and only get like $20 worth of tips??

2. You get 3-5 dollars tips per pizza. You deliver about 100 - 200 pizzas a night...You drive maybe 100 miles tops. That is 10 dollars of gas. That is over 100 dollars in tips.
    Where did you screw up in your math?

3. lol maybe... 100-200 pizzas a night :eek:? If you work for like 4 hours how many you deliver that many pizzas :D? Im thinkin if doing it as a high school job but man im gunna need a GPS for that shit

4. What???

200 pizzas a night? Dude I've worked at like 9 domino's across an entire region and I've never seen anyone take that many pies. You might get 30 deliveries on a long shift tops.

The store pays the driver mileage between .75, and 2.00. Tip averages can range from a buck in some areas, to 6 or 7 bucks in others.

But OP, for the most part, the mileage covers the gas, but, if you don't tip your driver, then you've got a guy wearing out his car to deliver food all night who makes minimum wage, (or sometimes less, because in some cases drivers are considered tipped employees and you don't have to even pay them then min wage).

5. That's his problem, not the guy buying the pizza.

Also OP, not only do you have to be 18 to deliver pizza, you also have to be 18 to be a member here.

6. What we've always done at my stores is to put notations on the accounts to indicate if the person stiffs the driver.

If you don't tip, you start off w/ the notation "adl" which may or may not appear in the jumbled up stuff on that label on the side of your box. It stands for "always deliver last". If you continue to be a stiffer, then we upgrade you to "nta" which stands for "non-tipping-asshole". We will also systematically use less meat and cheese on your pie.

So to all those out there who think they're getting off better by squeezing a minimum wage worker our of a little compensation, just know, you get what you pay for.

7. Your chain deserves to be shut down. That's pretty shitty.

8. I've been a delivery guy for almost 2 years now, GREAT college job btw. The claim of anything over 50 pizzas a night is INSANE. My employer pays 7.25 hourly, 1.25 for each order you take, and all tips are un registered and do not come out of your pay. Each business operated differently but this should give you a rough estimate. As far as gas goes, the 1.25 per run usually makes up for your gas consumption considering a general delivery area is within a ten to twenty mile radius. Unless you drive a gas guzzler you should turn out just fine.

9. I actually have to agree. I mean, I'm not for stiffing the poor schmuck who delivers the pizzas, but when you order a pizza, it's like a contract with dominos, stating that, for a certain amount of money, you get a certain amount of food. If they're actually giving you less food based on a tip (which isn't part of the contract, or part of the price advertised) they're legally cheating you.

I can even see delivering last, since there was no promise by the company that it would arrive quickly, but giving you less food for the same amount of money? That shit could get you fired.

10. It's a major chain, one of the top 3, and the franchisee owns about 18 stores. It's not going to shut down. I mean, in the United States at least, it is considered customary to tip 15%. If you can't afford the cost of your meal, plus 15%, then you really have no business taking advantage of the services that are being provided. That's how it goes. Non-tippers get shitty service, and good tippers get their food first. You can save $2 or $3 bucks each time you order food, or you you can spend it and get better service. That's just how it is.

11. I would shut you guys down in a heartbeat

12. I deliver pizzas for dominos, and when i saw the 100-200 pizzas a night i almost cried. If i get 15-20 deliveries, im pretty happy, and i consider myself one of the better drivers. Normally i get around 10-15, and on the weekends, 15-18 or so, you cant forget there are other drivers working so not every delivery goes to you.

But the guy who works at dominos and does the adl things, thats hilarious! Even though its not necessarily right, you ordered delivery, theres a price you need to pay for not moving your ass and thats tipping the guy, so i see no problem with that, but then again i am bias.

13. #13 mrgoodsmoke, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
    Yeah but how? This is America. We run the business. We do that so that drivers don't start asking for raises, so that we don't have to pay more, so that we don't have to raise prices. It's going to get paid regardless so I mean why not keep it friendly and pay it as a tip?

You know what else we do? Let's say that I know there's a coupon out for a large pizza for 10 bucks, but it's normally 15. On my screen when a person calls, it shows the total $ they've spent altogether in the past, the average order costs, the number of coupons used, and any service issues they've had in the past. If you've spent alot of money, and you're average order is within the range that's most profitable to us, and you're friendly, already know what you're going to order and make it quick, I'll throw that $10 coupon on there and save you $5 right off the bat. There are not only hundreds of coupons available for me through a search function, but I can outright click the price, and change it up or down at any time as I please. Call up, be a dick, or have an nta or an adl on there, and I'm not suggesting any good specials. The only way you'll get a deal is if you use a coupon from the mail or from online that you find yourself. It's a dirty game dude.

Another thing, if you pick up your pizza instead of delivery, and you leave just a $1 or $2 tip for the guys who made the pizza in the store or the person who hands it to you or anyone, it will only take about 2 or 5 times of doing that, and for a long time after every pizza you pick up will be fat. It's amazing how non-tippers can be so stingy. If you only knew that the people wanting those tips are sometimes so broke that they literally will fight over a dollar tip. If you tip the person inside the pizza place, they will be talking about you all day. "what's his name what did he order?, I wanna know imma hook his ass up, let's keep that tippin motherfucker coming back in here". It's amazing.

14. I work for Papa Johns but they are not giving me enough hours anymore (part time). They pay 7.25
    but don't pay you gas! They advertise that they do but they don't. They're the worst to be a driver for.

15. What pizza company do you work for?

A major one.

16. haha mrgoodsmoke....you are funny mother fucker. I agree people should def tip those poor pizza boys. Wish i had that control over our customers, sadly i have none :(.

17. As long as you're not selling half assed pizza pies to paying customers, tip or not. Like if my pizza isnt warm id be getting that bitch free. But its understood tending to the highest paying customers with greater attention.

18. You'd get it free one time. Then we'd have it on your account and make up for it by not giving you the best specials. I mean, we can't just give away food. We're supposed to be making money.

19. I delivered for a small mom and pop pizza place while in college, mainly for nug money. I ALWAYS got stiffed in the poor areas of town. I shit you not, a few times I would either get a couple quarters or sometimes nothing at all; or they would pay for the pizza in crumpled up singles and a bunch of change (Not exaggerating). You have no idea how aggravating it is to get stiffed on a delivery you used your car for. Its basically a big "Fuck YOU" to the driver.

So I have to side with MrGoodSmoke on this one! :D

20. lol when i worked at dominos we did that shit too. consistently being a douche bag WILL NOT get you good service.