Pit bulls

Discussion in 'General' started by Kush Xx216, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I love pitbulls! ever since i was 6 i had them. right now i have a pit bull/ridge back mix named cinnamon. haha i love him to death. And for all the people who say pitbull's are mean dogs. you can f*ck off. They're the nicest dogs. They just get treated like shit by bad owners and thats how they get mean. (Micheal Vick that f*cking C*nt) lol and its bs that their illegal in many cities in the united states. Anyone else a Pit bull owner?

2. hate to make this a pity party but they are illegal in areas for a reason. they have always had bad tempers and dangerous qualities that are undesirable in a house-hold. they are just overly aggressive.

3. You negative nancy :p

I think a lot of how a dog acts is how its owner treats it and raises it.

4. Nick like i said. Ive had Pitbull's for many years now. And my dogs have never once bitten anyone. It's the owners that make them aggressive because they treat them like utter shit. And you wouldn't know that until u actually owned one.

5. i agree with you 100%. bulldogs have a stigma though. all im sayin.

edit: dont take me too seriously...i own a cat.

6. Lmao. cats are cool. sometimes..

7. keyword there :p

8. You, Sir, are wrong. ;)

9. :cry:

10. Pretty much.

I once saw a guy with a pitbull driving a hummer. My girlfriend predicted he had an "inverted" penis. I echo this conclusion.

11. look im not saying pitbulls are bad dogs. well kinda i am, but not really. its a widely known fact that pitbulls have been overly aggressive for along time. granted alot of it has to do with bad treatment of the dog by the owner. i personally have never owned one so i know that it doesnt give me room to talk, but as a kid growing up my friend had one and it fucked with my little brother. i mean it sent him to the hospital so you can see i guess why i have my doubts

edit: he had to get stitches. nothin life changing or anything but still...its about principals.

12. the only reason pitbulls have a bad rep is cuz of dogfights

13. at least they win :cool:

14. I disagree. It's definitely the owners that make their dogs aggressive...when you see a pitbull, look at the owner, I bet your lunch money it's some punk-ass lookin teenager. Or one of those white trash guys whose pants could house a homeless family with a era style hat on cocked sideways. They think these dogs are badass and they train them as such.

Me and my dog both had a run in with a pitbull, the owner was a douchbag and his gf looked like she was suckin his dick for crack everyday. Anyway she was walkin the opposite way than I and their dog was getting pretty antsy well she couldn't hold on to it that well and it started charging towards me and my dog. It all happened soooo fast that I just remember thinking my dog is a god. They went at it like the clash of the titans man I swear to god. It was epic, my dog seriously made me proud that he stood his ground against a pitbull. But only to quick did the pit get a hold of my dog, sadly, I had to do some things to that dog that seriously if I wasn't pumped up on andrenline would make me cringe at the thought. Anyway my dog walked away from it with a few bite marks and some scratches. Their dog didn't walk away :( not something I'm proud of but I have to protect my family members at any cost. And my dog is very much a member of my family.

I truely believe pits to be some of the smartest most amazing dogs, it's just such a shame they are given a horrible rep in the world. They really the nicest dogs when they aren't treated like shit, I mean really if you were treated like shit you'd be an asshole too, right? Pits just need to meet the right owners that will give them a chance to show just a sweet they really are. I've met a lot of pitbulls and with the exception of that one, they've all been really well behaved and extemely nice. I have nothing against them...even the not so well behaved ones, I have something against the owners of those less behaved dogs, but not the dogs themselves cause that's not fair, they don't know any better most of the time.

15. #16 edward, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    People thinking pit bulls are naturally aggressive or whatever is like thinking weed kills brain cells. Neither are true.

Pit bulls are actually one of the most stolen dogs because of how friendly they are to strangers... the breed was bred the be handled in the ring and the ones that were human-aggressive were culled from the breed. Pit bulls can be aggressive toward other animals when not properly socialized - aggression toward humans is almost unheard of. You aren't even supposed to use them as guard dogs because that just isn't pit bulls.

They are one of the most fun loving, intimate dog breeds you can have... it really pisses me off when I hear people spout bullshit from the media before doing research. Research it... pit bulls aren't naturally human aggressive and don't "turn." Shit, they were one of the most common family dog breeds back in the day... everybody had one from the early 1900's to about the 50's.

And most of those jacked to shit steroid dogs that you see pictures of aren't pit bulls. A true American Pit Bull Terrier doesn't exceed 70 pounds and are much prettier...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. well i've had my experiences with pit bulls. it sucks if my opinion pisses you off. i really dont care. you can say they are fun loving and i can say they are agressive. our opinions are our own. im not crawling down your throat about it.

17. EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY! (sorry for caps)

18. Soap if i knew how to give u +rep I totally would. same with you Edward. lol

19. #20 edward, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    So what makes you think that pit bulls are naturally aggressive?

Better not to go around spouting bullshit because of some isolated incident that doesn't represent the breed at all. Any dog breed can be made aggressive if given the wrong situation... some dogs like Akitas actually do have a tendency to be aggressive toward humans even if raised properly... pit bulls are the opposite.

If I had a bad experience with some dog I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that the entire breed is bad news and is naturally aggressive. :rolleyes: