Pistils dieing prematurely.. red hairs early in flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Justenoughforme, Jan 8, 2016.

1. i am about 3 weeks into flower, and the plant is set with strong bus sights developing.

over the last two days though a significant portion of the white hairs are drying and turning red.

is this a sign the bud is dieing? this never happened before, but i've also never had them under a powerful light before.

should i worry ?

... i had spider mites so i did spray them down pretty good with soapy water twice. could that hurt the bud?

thanks guys for all your support,

~Jefm

2. most likely ur just seeing a little damage and slow down from the spray, although i would double check that ur room or wherever ur growing has 0 light leaks, if there is light making it in and messing up ur flowering schedule it could be that as well

3. check for hermies..

pistils will die off when pollinated.

4. What kind of a light change did you do? If you went from a not so powerful light to a really powerful one and had them too close, you could be experiencing some shock from the intense heat put off by the light. I usually try to keep my lights high for the first 2 or 3 days after a I put my plants into the flower room and then lower them down closer to the plants once I know they are over any shock from the change. Then I keep them as close to the plants as possible throughout their flowering cycle. Hubs put my light rack on a boat winch for me and I can raise and lower the lights at the touch of a button....which is a heck of a lot easier than adjusting each chain by hand! LOL Throw up some pics. That would help immensely. TWW

5. Thanks guys ...

... in three flowerings I've never had a hermie or a light leak, so i'm not inclined to think that's it.

frying the plants with super bright light might be it ...

... i'm hoping it doesn't mean the soapy water damaged the leaves somehow ... i used Dawn free and clear with no dyes or fragrances.

so for the next few days i'll sit tight and pray for a recovery. the buds are tiny now, it'd be a shame is they started dieing back : /

6. Sounds like pollen chucking

7. My guess would definately be the soapy water.

8. well i finished the soapy water runs ... and today i set the plant up in the shower and gave is a nice gentle monsoon. the water that came off was initially soapy.

the questions is now ... can it recover at all ? it's only 4 weeks into a ten week flower cycle ... i'd love to get SOME bud to smoke : /

9. The buds will still grow...