Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Piranha metal grinder stuck, cant get it open at all

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CRTFTW, Jun 15, 2015.

1. #1 CRTFTW, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    So a friend gave me this smallish blue metal grinder with PIRANHA on the top:

http://www.thc420.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/4pc-light-blue-Piranha-grinder.jpg

That one.

Anyway, I was/am a novice and didn't know how to clean the thing, (or that I even should,) and now the very bottom part, where the keif lands, is stuck. I know it's cus it has keif in the threads, but that thing is locked TIGHT and will not twist off.

It's a four piece, grinder top, bottom, tray with screen, keif tray. 

I'm a big guy, I'm fairly strong, but I can't get it off. I suspect it's because my hands and fingers are too big and can't get a grip. No one else can twist it open. Now we're not even sure if it twists the same way as the other parts or not.

I tried freezing it, jamming it in things, special cloths to help grip things, smaller people, stronger people, smaller stronger people, smaller weaker people (my wife wanted to try,) angry people, people who know the "trick" (the trick is that they know nothing,) absolutely nothing has worked. 

I don't want to boil it or soak it, as it still HAS keif inside to obtain.

I also don't want to tear out the screen, as it was a gift. And the only grinder I have. Mostly the second. 

2. try tapping it with a knife to loose shit up. run it under hot water. i don't know i'm thinking of pickle jar tricks.

uhh... try rubber gloves? i have this thing in my kitchen thats just a piece of rubber and you use it to get a better grip on the jar when twisting. maybe try and clamp the kief part with "clamps" or pliers or something and twist the top.

3. well freazing it made your problem worse uh your best bet would be to apply heat to cause the metal to expand slightly and hopefully loosen it while doing that tap it on the side with a butter knife just like opening a stubborn pickle jar

4. Penetrating oil, if you're worried about it getting to the kief try it on a rag and rub along the 'seal' 

5. #5 QuatroCT, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    Open up one of the compartments such as the bud chamber or kief chamber and let it soak in isopropyl alcohol for a few hours...

Scratch that saw you said it has kief inside and you aren't willing to soak it

6. Trying freezing it and smashing it with a heavy book.

Worked for me in solidifying the crystals.

7. Freezing is the last thing you want to do, you want to heat it up, what happens to metal when you heat it up?

Put it in the oven for half an hour and try then.

8. It expands, making clearances even smaller.... Not to mention putting it in the oven with the kief in it is a bad idea

9. Freezing worked very well for me :shrugs:

In my head, an oven is going to make that shit sticky as fuck.

10. Well, thanks for all the replies!

Sadly, nothing could get the thing open. Finally I just gave up and cut out the screen.

There was a lot less keif than I thought there was.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. aw and i just had the idea to use vice grips

12. #12 Diamondpatch, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015

Theres ALWAYS less kief than you think there is.

13. Where did you get that grinder man i had the same one since high school and just got it taken by the cops. I would love to find it and be able to buy it again. You have a link or the store you bought it at? Best grinder!!

14. Freezing or heating won't work as it is all made from the same material. It will shrink and expand at the same rate. Soak the whole grinder in a small bowl or glass of 91% alcohol. It may take a few hours.

15. That's some sticky nugs U got there. Melt that to the metal & they may never come apart. A grunge off or some kinda solvent soak. I should clean mine.

16. Some anyone have this ginder I will buy it if you can’t get it unstuck anyone