Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pipe question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by urbestbud, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

I am new here and love the site. I just got done making a wooden bowl for my new pipe. I think its the best one I have ever made, and dont want it to get burnt out so I was wondering if there is a metal that I can easily obtain that I can line the bowl with so it doesnt get burnt out. I was thinking an aluminum can cut to size, is this safe to smoke out of? If you suggest something could you suggest something that is safe to smoke from.

Many thanks,

Nick

2. well you can buy metal screens, depending on the size of your bowl most of them will cover alot of the sides on the inside of your bowl but im not sure if you mean the outside of it

3. Just use aluminum foil. Easier to work with than a cut can.

And yeah, it's safe.
    People on here make aluminum bowls all the time, from what I've seen.

4. Na, you dont wanna use an alluminum can...the alluminum is bad to inhale. I would suggest either a socket from like one of those tools... cant think of the name.. or just line the pipe bowl with a screen. Hope this helps :D

5. a screen would also be better because it stops all the ask/small peices of bud going inside your mouth. there cheap aswell, today i bought 25 of them for £1/$2

6. Dont use a can, the ink on the can will combust and release very harmful vapor, that make yer weed taste like shit.

As of aluminum foil, most people have said that inhaling aluminum fumes causes oldtimers, but your not gonna get it hot enough..

That being said, i wouldnt use either...it shouldnt burn that much, just char slightly.

7. #7 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
    Either go to a gas station or headshop and pick up some metal screens, or use a socket that fits inside the bowl. Also don't use foil, just because it xan withstand the heat of an oven doesn't mean it will stay in tact when you put a flame to it or have things combust on top of it, it will give off fumes and shit which is nasty