Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe as a stem for a waterbottle bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rashenz, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I don't own a bong and I always use a waterbottle bong for my bong needs. I always use highlighters as stems as I don't own a piece. I wan't to know if I can use a pipe as a stem, like put the weed in the bowl of the pipe, light the bowl, stick it into the waterbottle, and then suck in from the bottle, good idea or no?

2. It's possible, I guess, but why not just use the pipe?
    Or just make a waterfall bong. Much easier.

3. well, ive tried waterbottle bongs and pipes, i prefer water bottle bongs, so why not?

4. When I used to make water bottle bongs I used a mechanical pencil as a "downstem" and I attached a pipe to the end of that so I reduced the chance of burning the plastic so maybe you can rig that up somehow?

5. its a steel pipe, and i dont care about burning plastic :p

6. Ya you wont care now.. but in a few years from now when your wondering how you got Cancer or some random disease youll know.

7. Just use the regular pipe. It won't really matter what you hit it out of, if you make the bong, you'll use more weed for less smoke.

8. #9 zombiefuhrer, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ^^^This

9. ooh i never thought of that, and thanks for the waterfall bong suggestion, sounds pretty sick. First post and grasscity's already helping me out :D

10. I'm not sure why you want to make this harder than it is
    just use the pipe and get a bong another day

I made a pretty damned cool pipe out of a male marijuana plant's stem
    it's about a foot long and is all nice and curvy because I LST

thinking of making a homemade bong with it but using a fitting bowlpiece into the top of the bottle with a female stem once it is ready

I'm not big on homemade stuff, but it will be interesting

11. NICE! haha start a company that specializes in making water pipes out of a Mairjuana Plant itself? Could Work. Now all we need to do is figure out a way to use the plant to actually smoke the plant.. Then it will be the God Plant.

12. I would imagine that I would have to have the company outside the US, due to federal law. On top of that, it would probably have to be made out of hemp instead. Seems a little tedious, but I'll get back to you if it works out.

13. #14 glass_head, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
    This looks like it would fit the bill, has a glass downstem thus avoiding a lot of the toxic nastiness