Pink Friday- Nicki Minaj

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Beaming, Dec 6, 2010.

1. I cant even lie ..this album is hot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBiuhjzKWXU]YouTube - Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake)[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVtC5A5frA]YouTube - Nicki Minaj - Fly ft. Rihanna LYRICS[/ame]

2. idk how people listen to her, like maybe shes catchy and shit but she really has no talent and her voice is terrible

but hey if u like her its cool, people shit on my tunes too lol

3. I think she's got skill but she doesn't use it all the time. If she didn't use the robot flow and voice I'd call her dope but right now she's hit an miss for me.

Side note Wayne and Busta gonna be on the Romans Revenge remix. Kim made a big mistake takin shots at Wayne and Drake in Black Friday.

4. "I made a conscious decision to try to tone down the sexiness, I want people-especially young girls-to know that in life, nothing is going to be based on sex appeal. You've got to have something else to go with that.”

-Nicki Minaj

[​IMG]

5. nicki minaj is ok but pink friday was 2 thumbs down. young money is a bunch of clowns.

6. Lol would not be fair.

[quote name='J-DILLA']"I made a conscious decision to try to tone down the sexiness, I want people-especially young girls-to know that in life, nothing is going to be based on sex appeal. You've got to have something else to go with that.” -Nicki Minaj

thats true though.

7. To what extent lol

[​IMG]

Nowadays, you wont make it big in that scene unless you dress like a slut.

8. heres a review on pink friday:

so yeah, this album sucks. Not on some elitist hip-hop I'mma go listen to J. Cole now faggot shit, but on some this album had a lotta potential and ended up being a flaming piece of shit shit. Nicki sings every hook (except that one, sung by Rihanna, certainly not an improvement), and there's essentially no rapping to be found here aside from Roman's Revenge (which was ruined by Marshall's Prozac flow and Nicki's I listen to Big Sean … hipster flow) and Did It On'em, which had potential (Nicki talks about having a dick), but ends up slow flowing us to death (word to Evidence). Here I Am is alright, even though it's lo-fi as shit and sounds like something Jean Grae should be rapping over instead.

I, like most people, just don't understand how she delivered such interesting verses on other people's songs (Monster, Bottoms Up, My Chick Bad, even her verse on Haterade shows up most of the rapping here), and ended up releasing such a legitamately horrible album. This isn't worth the space on your harddrive; I wouldn't even recommend checking this out yoursel, as it's going to be an hour or so you're never going to get back.

9. she meant in life....cant be pretty and not know how to cook and want to get married.

nicki has more than looks (old ass picture) i dont think shes that fine....shes a decent femc

i didn't listen to pink friday tho...not going to lie. lol

10. Pink Friday>>>Banks album

Only songs i listen to on Pink Friday is: Im the best, Fly, Moment 4 Life, Blazin and Dear Old Niki..

Pink Friday>>>Drakes album too

its a pretty dope album ..and yea nicki is a weird chick but u cant even lie her verse on Monster was insane..

Romans Revenge would be a hot song if the chorus wasnt so fuckin weird

11. #11 murdermore410, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    I'm thinking since she got the hook from busta in the first place and he's gonna be on the remix he might redo it which would sound way better imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eleBnzDyoFo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

12. ima go with what the dude who reviewed it said. i listened to it and it was a huge waste of hard drive space.

13. romans revenge is tight.

14. Not fair. Maybe compare Eve or Lil Kim to Nicki Minaj. Jean Grae is on a whole new level son.

15. Jean Grae will always be my favorite female rapper but I find Nikki to be awesome! Her verse in "Monster" completly outshines every single fella in that song and those ain't any small names. I like her new album too, although there are songs there that suck.

16. word she killed it on monster with that verse..she aboslutley went crazy..
    yea theres a lota songs that suck on the album hahaha but its a cool album