Pinching...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ZeppelinAngel, Apr 23, 2003.

1. some people tell me that i should pinch the plants its this true if so when should i start? also is mircle grow bad?

2. pinching does seem to have good benefits... but be careful don't pinch them too hard.... you don't want to break the outer flesh of the plant.... rather only the inner flesh... i start pinching when they are a few inches tall... and continue to pinch until i start to flower them... pinch them about every inch or so... and in between internodes... doing this helps the plant by strengthing the stems and promoting thick stalks. so you have better branches to support bigger buds... i pinch my plants about once a week.... i think of it as a massage... and i haven't seen anything negative from it.... cept handling causes aroma to come out strong. and about miracle grow... i use it but not throught the flowering... man made fertilizers leave a taste i don't like. miracle grow is fine to use though. but make sure you use the kind for vegatables... not the ones for flowers... people eat veggies not flowers. hope this helps some.
    SirToppinHat.

3. [quote name='"SirToppinHat"']pinching does seem to have good benefits... but be careful don't pinch them too hard.... you don't want to break the outer flesh of the plant.... rather only the inner flesh... i start pinching when they are a few inches tall... and continue to pinch until i start to flower them... pinch them about every inch or so... and in between internodes... doing this helps the plant by strengthing the stems and promoting thick stalks. so you have better branches to support bigger buds... i pinch my plants about once a week.... i think of it as a massage... and i haven't seen anything negative from it.... cept handling causes aroma to come out strong. and about miracle grow... i use it but not throught the flowering... man made fertilizers leave a taste i don't like. miracle grow is fine to use though. but make sure you use the kind for vegatables... not the ones for flowers... people eat veggies not flowers. hope this helps some.
    SirToppinHat.[/quote]

good info thanks