Pictures posting as attachment.

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forums App' started by Frasier, Feb 7, 2018.

1. @RMJL
    As an FYI and response to your recent posts the mobile app has no functioning ignore feature.

And also @Lizard King the issues stated above are still taking place and now images can't be shares via PM on the mobile app.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

2. Isn't the app still handled by tapatalk?

3. No idea.
    Lizard King mentioned they have something to do with it though.

4. Yea i wish it wasn't. I refuse to use anything tapatalk does lol. Been garbage ever since it went that way

Why don't you just use the browser version? No issue uploading anything, attaching anything

5. Well, that certainly sucks. You should probably be able to do it via the mobile browser, though.

Yep.

Agreed...all of it. I will use the mobile browser if I need to check something while I'm away from my laptop. I think it is better than the app anyway. I used the app for a day or two. It drained my battery and tapatalk signed me up for forums that I didn't even know existed.

6. I use the browser version 99% of the time

Ever since the app literally ate one of my phones batteries lol never ever installing that again

7. The browser version is a nightmare to navigate. It's cluttered and clunky and very unpolished in my view.

The app isn't so much better but navigation and viewing participated threads is extremely easy.

8. That's weird because it looks and works great for me. I wonder why it is different for you.

The app....that's a tapatalk issue. LK can open tickets with them but, in the end, it runs how they want it to run.

9. I knew I wasn't crazy! My battery drained out super quick. As soon as I uninstalled the app, everything was back to normal.

10. I only need 2 buttons to navigate this entire forum.

Watched threads and new posts.

I guess the third would be the huge home button in the upper left if i want to navigate to a specific section but 9/10 times i can find something from that section in New posts faster than i would navigating the front page

11. I like to see responses to threads I participate and not get inundated with notifications from threads that I don't care about. I'm on the mobile version now and it's very cluttered.

But maybe I'm just spoiled by the clean nature of science and tech forums.

12. Must just be the other forums, when i go into watched threads i get a list ordered by most recent response of only threads i participate in and they are never out of order or cluttered.

13. The app version on GC is absolutely terrible.
    The regular web browser works fine.
    What’s annoying though is still not getting all the notifications.

14. You guys know there's 2 versions of the app right?

One is GC through Tapatalk and one is the official GC app hosted by Tapatalk. The second is the one I use

15. Well, there's really one version. Tapatalk can give you access to over 100,000 forums including GC. When we refer to the app, we refer to the Grasscity Forums app that is downloaded but it still goes through tapatalk. When there are issues, they are on tapatalk's back for the most part.

16. There is also a Iphone version btw. Which I have seen and it looks awful

17. Oh, well yeah, of course...can't forget that. We were on the android kick, though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I can't even post pics with the browser version. It's either an attachment or URL.

RIP

19. Hate to ask but it will be brought up by LK...have you cleared your cache?

• Like Like x 1
  20. This is a test. (I posted this from the mobile browser.)

I also checked my notifications while on the mobile browser and everything was the same as it is on my laptop.

Clear the cache and see if that helps.

Otherwise... @Lizard King

IMG_20180218_173805_890.jpg

• Like Like x 1