(PICTURES) Help, one of my babies is sick. (PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ThusFar, Oct 18, 2009.

1. About 2 weeks ago germinated 4 seeds, 1 sprouted, it was in a cup filled with soil i found in my backyard , it was part soil/sand. i placed the sprouted plants about 2 inches away from my lamp light bulb (14 watts) my HPS didnt come in yet. i watered it when the top inch of the soil was dry. i think the combination of bad soil,really poor lighting , and no fan was the cause of this.

i wanted to grow two plants so i germinated another seed, this time placing it under my HPS 150watts and in regular potting soil, with a fan blowing on it. watering only when the first inch was dry.

After a week, my second plant is doing better then my first one. nice thick stem and good leaf structure.

(top view) the one on the left is the 2nd plant (1week old) ; the right one is two weeks old (this sick one)

[​IMG]

(side view) the one in the front is the 2nd plant (1 week old) ; the one in the back is (2 weeks)
    [​IMG]

is there any hope for the sick plant? you cant really tell in the pictures but, the base of the stem is really thin and turning brown. Also theres tiny leaves slowly sprouting but i have a feeling this plant will die soon, unless you guys can help.

Here's my set up so far. you might notice my light is not balanced, i'm using to bungie cables to hold it up, but one is longer then the other. is my light at risk when its tilted like that?

[​IMG]

I also plan on building Rumples bubble bucket when the plant gets bigger, whats the best way to transplant it into the bucket with it being to stressful for the plant.

got four seeds left should i germinate another seed? i want to grow two so i can get a good yield. can i germinate another seed and veg all my plants till they are both the same size to flower?

or

Should i wait till my healthy plant gets bigger , take clones from it to see if its a female or male, then keep it as a mother plant.

Money is getting pretty tight from layoff so i cant enjoy the Herb till these get growing. please i need your help!

i know its been a long post and i APPRECIATE anyone with feed back.

Thank you.
    :smoke:

2. 1. Lose the homegrown soil. Be careful which potting soil you use as many have time released nutes that will kill your plant (i.e. Miracle grow) I suggest spending the $18 and getting a bag of Fox Farms Ocean Organic soil and you'll never have to worry if soil is your issue.

2. You have vegging plants under a flowering light. they will grow better if you get them back under the flouro for now. I would add 2,3,4 more though, as many as you can. Look into "Y" splitters, you get 2 bulbs from 1 socket. Make sure you use 2700K (cool) bulbs for veg. The HPS will be great once they are in the flowering stage but not great for right now.

3. Plant another seed right now in case #1 doesn't make it. Rule of thumb, germ more than you need. If your goal is 2 plants, germ 8 seeds. Pick the best 2 or grow them all to sexual maturity if they are not femmed. If youy only plant 2 and they both happen to be male, you'll have wasted 8 weeks. If 5 are male and 3 are female, you now get to CHOOSE the best 2 and give the 3rd to a friend or whatever.

Good luck!