Picture Representing Future of Government Control *Warning: Not Pleasant*

Discussion in 'General' started by Venomous Puffer, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Let America get blown to pieces and let Canada and China or Russia or India become the new peacemakers. Talk about this is really bothering me and sure alot of other people

2. Nah America won't last more than another 100 years in my opinion. It's a ticking time bomb, that will most likely implode on itsself. That's my belief anyways, with the information I have.

3. I can say that I would rather have America be the "peacemaker" than Russia or China. Canada's unrealistic, Japan is another contender, in a few decades.

4. Heh I know what your saying but we only have like 300 million and some of the countries I stated have numbers up to a billion in population. But if the government does try to control the world with all this garbage then we surely need some enemies to knock it out.

5. India? Dont see that happening any time soon. I think their smart but broke as hell hell if im not mistaken.

I could see Japan, but not Russia or China being the superpower, for i assume thats what you mean. I dont know that communism can hold out in china. And russia is very poor as well.

6. Stoned sry saying if they all unified or something. Anyway we don't need a complete control over the world. That would screw over humanity.

7. Don't focus your anger on the shadow; focus it on the substance. The problem is not America, it's the corporatization of our government. The US was never ruled by the people, it was ruled by the elites in the begginnings, and the torch has been passed to the corporations in modern times.

8. This just seems like foolish technophobia as opposed to significant political concerns.

We have a thread concerning transhumanism (and consequentially, biometrics, big brother, etc.) in the philosophy and spirituality thread.

And elections are just a big sham?

9. Agreed that one countryhaving complete rule would be crap. Lets hope countries dont start "unifying", thats how a world war starts.

But what is saying our country is going to blow up.
    When ive had conversations like this with people before people always say countries never last and that basically they think our time is up. Great Britian, France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc are all examples of countries which have been around longer than America and still not spontaneously combusted.

All I really mean to say is that it is a changing world and I dont think any trend is accurate enough to predict our futer.

10. How do you figured?

Parochialism is what is continuing to perpetuate geo-political conflicts and human social and economic problems.

11. [quote name='Rasta_Man']How do you figured? quote]

Alliance systems were a major cause of WWI and consequently WWII. The whole idea is that if your country is attacked your allies have to come defend you. So eventually somebody kills Franz Ferdinand and the whole world is at each others throats.

12. Yeah but if we're all a global community, conflict like this won't occur -- any existing militarization with have singular interest -- there won't be two sides.

13. It was also commonly believed the world had outgrown the need for war just before WWI broke out. Sadly i think war wont go away for a long time.

14. the worlds going to be fucked in like 50 years

15. I don't believe the US is going anywhere. It makes a lot of money that lots of other nations have an interest in preserving.

I don't really understand war. I guess it comes from fear. I agree that sadly wars aren't likely to come to an end in the foreseeable future.

It might just be headed toward a one world nation with the internet paving the way. I hope that it is harder to hate, fight, and kill people that you know and with communications the way they are now, lots of people know people all over the world. We are all learning what only the very intelligent understood 50 years ago and that is that we are all not that different from each other with common interests for the future of the human race.

16. '

Yeah true, and WWI was also the "war to end all wars" -- hardly 20 years later and we have a angry German stomping on Europe.

War will indeed exist for a long time -- until there is significant social, economic and political change in human society.

I think an advance towards transhumanism is one of the decisive steps towards it.

I also understand the longing to remain in a society and class system which we have all been born into. Humans on a whole like a static environment. This is the basis for the beleif of interpellation -- which is seems you all subscribe too.

But whereas you see this advancement as a threat and an increase in control, I see an opportunity for advance and to branch off and come back to basis of transhumanism -- humanism. Transhumanism has the capability to totally re-wire our social interaction, and could just as easily nullify the need for an economy of any kind, abolishing any sense of social-classism and parochialism.

Did that make any sense? I'm high as a kite.

17. Uh, yea pretty much.

Not that I think all elections are outright rigged, but between voter fraud and misdirection by politicians, they're a fucking joke. In the US at least.

18. Yeah good point. Issues like that are very minor in Canadian elections.

but you still have a very powerful democratic voice. Never give up until you get what you want.

Plenty of stuff you can do to fulfill your civic duty.

19. ironically the supreme court ruling that allows corporations to make political contributions was later found to be misinterpreted. Funny how things havent changed after this realization, huh? (btw, the ruling was made by one man, not the supreme court even)