Pics, Brown spots on leaves, need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, May 7, 2011.

1. Hey guys this is my buddies plant, he has these brownish yellow spots on it and ive been growing for a long time but im not sure if its a nute def. or what.

I thought that if a plant has a nute def. the color change starts in the middle of the leaf and if it has nute burn then the edges of the leaf become discolored. Is this right. I also know it could be a ph problem but he says the ph is right. Also the withering of the leaves, is that from the hps lights being to close or from overwatering.

Thanks, Peace.

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      177.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      162.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      232.1 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      216.6 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      584.3 KB
      Views:
  2. To me it looks like a little bit of some nute mix or water got on the leaves during a water or feed and burned it a little bit. The withering could be from the little HPS lights being to close. They look pretty close in the last pic, closer then I would have them.

3. Light burn.

4. Thanks a lot for the reply. That site is really great for looking at diff. kinds of deficiencies. Thanks again. Peace

5. Hey man thanks for the reply, i like your avatar btw. Ya the lights are a bit close but he moved them further and he said he didnt get any nutes on the leaves, but theres about 4 leaves that are showing some sign of problem. Thanks again. Peace

6. Do you think he would be better off getting rid of those little 70 watt hps and get a couple cfl's instead. I got him to get a cfl, i think its 60 watts, he has it right on top of the plant and the top leaves and the top of the plant look perfect compared to the bottom where the light is from the hps. Peace

7. As longs as he can keep the heat around 77 degrees and not burn the plants the more light the better plus buds grown under HPS light come out heavier and denser then CFL buds, CFL grown buds tend to come out more fluffy and lighter in wieght.