Picking Up Garbage. Anyone Start Their Own Charity?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gosk8, Jun 17, 2014.

1. I think I've grown a new stage in my life. I was a seed all my life waiting to bloom. 

Garbage. It's unwanted material made by humans. 

We as humans only have this beautiful rock to live on why do fuck it up, pollute it, Rob all its minerals, and destroy everything in our way. I use to litter I admit and I didn't give a fuck but now if one were to think deeply, where does this garbage go?

I took this in two different ways. Where does the garbage one litters? Well it goes in a lawn or a park it could get found on the curb, blown into the woods, or blown in a river or ocean to choke out a living thing. It could go anywhere.

Where does garbage go that we put IN the garbage? Well it goes with other garbage and basically "littered" nicely in what we call a dump. All in all its going somewhere it shouldn't and the only way we can get rid of this is 1) consume less materials or 2) make use of our own garbage (the other day I made bird feeders from empty water bottles and 2 liters)

Interesting fact. There is a garbage patch the size of Texas floating in our ocean. Like what the hell. How did we just let this go. How come no-one is sucking up and taking responsibility? Why does America invest trillions into military but can't portion some of that money to clean the whole damn thing?

My silly idea: Just start picking it up. If I see garbage in the park and I'm in the park I pick that shit up. It not only feels good to pick it up but it makes your community cleaner and look better. I want to start some sort of nonprofit charity. I mean what, the money donated would be used for gas to get to the garbage and maybe some garbage cleaning materials and safety clothes for the streets. It wouldn't take much at all. 

Has anyone started their own charity?

Peace & Love

2. dont have my own charity but thats a fantastic idea! but im always picking up rubbish, and i will confront people who intentionally litter. where i live its a real problem. you go for a drive out into the bush and people have just dumped rubbish everywhere. even people who camp out there will just leave there rubbish and broken glass etc everywhere rather then putting it back in what ever brought it with. this is even where there is a bin not even 100m away. 

glass for me is the biggest issue. people leaving it in fires, throwing them out car windows etc. a major hazard to both humans and wildlife alike. the amount of times me/other people have stepped on glass is fucked. ive been pretty lucky but friend have stepped on half bottles going straight threw their foot. i wont even leave home with people who take glass with them.

3. Littering glass is a huge no. I can't stand people who litter. You have to be so ignorant you can't put it in the trash or bring it home to throw away? I give people a taste of my mind when I see them litter.

4. Rubbish is exactly that to me, I don't care where it goes once I discard it.

There people who's job it is to deal with that. Until its piling up in my back garden, then I might show some interest.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. This world needs more people like you in the world OP. Too bad, we're too busy to give a F.

6. How do you think dumping money into sanitation will yield an answer to a question we've been facing for decades?

And if everyone did their part and then some, trash in our environment would be dramatically lowered. Wouldn't solve our "what to do with the trash" issue but it helps to make things a little better.

7. First, it shouldn't be America's job to help the environment, it should be the world's. Second, when pollution and stuff really starts to have an impact, it will be cleaned up. The elite won't have people to rule if they're all dead. And I would never think about starting or helping a charity. All society gives me is dirty looks and an attitude. I don't care about other people I don't know either.

That's the problem. You don't care where it goes once you're done with it. You should care it's going to go somewhere. And I say somewhere because I don't know where but one day if we keep being so ignorant (not saying you are) I will know where the garbage is. It'll be in mine and your backyard. I mean I can run numbers on how much shit we consume. Like diapers how many of those things does one child where times that by a few billion. Think about it wherever it's going it shouldn't go anywhere even a dump. This day and age we buy toss it and buy again. Sad
    You're right not America but cmon America has contributed more than most. You're second statement....did you read about the Texas sized garbage patch in the ocean. If that's not a problem to you or anyone else than what circumstances will it have to come to to finally clean it up? Not nit picking you I'm just curious. 

Live the way you want but you should care about most people you don't know everyone is on this planet together if we all don't give two fucks the world's gonna become one very cold hearted place