Pick my brain with me! Need some advanced growers knowledge!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Drafixo, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ok so start of early spring I start from seed what are supposed to be 4 fems indoors to get a jump on outdoor season. Come early June I notice 1 is male and scrap it. Here where I live 4 plant maximum is law. So I start a 4th plant from seed early June. (Other plants have been outdoors for over a month and are easily 2-3ft tall)

Fast Forward to this week and indoor starting plants are 3x the size of my strictly outdoor one seed but the one I started late is the healthiest, looks the best, better crowns, and is ready to harvest. I still have 2-3 weeks on big guys.

Is this typical? I had a late harvest last year too but all 4 were fem so I didn't need to start one late.

Basically I'm wondering if I started from seed outdoors as early as possible in the spring would my plants be ready sooner or be better quality and bigger since they would have had longer to grow outside?

Also all the same seeds and growing medium and feeds.

I think too much.... Think with me lol.

-Draf

Sent from my A5_Pro using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Starting inside is always a crap shoot as getting the time match down correctly so they don't try and flower screws a lot of growers.
    I get around that by running 24-0 until end of July - Early Aug. Hang lights in the yard.

Likely your early finisher is a very near pure Indica with a 7-8 week flower time and the rest of your plants are more Hybrid with a 9-10 week flower period.
    That would be my guess.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awesome they were advertised as the same seeds but this one plant has completely different smell and color profile as well. Thanks!

4. I've done enough breeding to see just how wide the range of even well stabilized strains can still be. Even an old well established strain can still throw a near pure example of either parent now and again.

I'm running 4 of the same strain in a cluster over there and 3 smell identical but the 4th is way off from the others. It's a far more "Juicy Fruit Gum" smell. Sure as hell it's one of the ones the clones didn't take. Never fails, the best smellers turn out to be some of the hardest to clone.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. True enough. I've got deep fruity hash smell on the little guy and the other 3 are a mix of wet barn and hay. Will not be growing them again lol