Pic Pic Hooray!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Well, I am going to post pics on Thursday the 19th of the two plants in my flowerbox. It has only been 10 days or so since they've been put in there, and I think I have determined sex on te both of them. I'm not for certain on one of them, hence waiting until the 2 week mark before I post some pics.
    I'm not saying what I think they are until I know for sure. Gonna be a surprise I guess for both you and I.

Until then,

Farside12

2. Nice looking plants you guys. I'm glad to see you transplanted farside12. Plant #2 had a translucent pot and could've easily started growing mold. I was going to suggest either transplanting or wrapping it with some kind of opaque tape.

Swan why did you choose hydrated lime over dolomitic lime. With dolomite lime you're less likey to get a fert burn.

3. Swan that last pic of the big plant doesn't look too good...is it ok?...looks kinda droopy in comparrison with the others, or are you training it or were you training it?....Peace out...Sid

4. anyone can teach me the method of growing cannabis indoor!

5. For starters, here is my attempt at showing size in relation to Gumby (holding a lighter ;) ).

Attached Files:

6. Plant 1 turned out to be a male :( as shown in the following pic:

Plant 1:

Attached Files:

7. ..turns out is A GIRL!!!

Woo HOO!

The pistil hairs are hard to see in this pic and there are more of them than the arrow points to, but try as I might, I couldn't get a decent pic of them to save my life with my crappy digi-cam. But anyhow here it is:

Plant 2:

Attached Files:

8. Here is a pic of the axials growing like mad on the lower stem portion of this fine sativa LADY:

Attached Files:

9. Here is a "full body shot" (kinda) of plant 2:

Attached Files:

10. This has been a lot of fun!

I am somewhat disappointed in Plant 1 as I was really hoping it'd be female. It smells so good and highly resembles the male I had in a previous grow. I am quite pleased however with the sativa turning out to be female. The point I am at now is where I left off with my last grow (when I killed my plant by overwatering). So from now on I'm in brand new territory for me. I may be asking a few more questions as I go, but I know you'll all do your best to help me out.

One question I have at the moment is this: Plant one (hybrid male) is a very hardy plant. It's quite strong and resistent to screw-ups. It smells great and the fan leaves are unlike any I've seen before (very "rigid" and "defined"). I would like to breed these two together to get some seeds for a future grow. However I don't want my sativa to be ENTIRELY a "seed factory". Is there a way to just get a few buds pollinated and not the rest?

If there is a way to do this, I would like to try. If there isn't, I kinda need to know (somewhat soon) before the male blooms. I will then (in the latter case) chuck out the male and let the lady have the "run of the room".

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

So what'cha think? Am I doin' alright?

I have enjoyed every moment of this. Being able to share my growing experience with all of you has been rather uplifting. I still consider myself a "newbie grower" and as such am very proud of what I've been able to accomplish. I hope you All find some enjoyment in it as well. To all my fellow "newbies"-- If I can do it, you can do it. Simple as that.

Thanks again all for checking on the updates to this thread!

Will post new pics in a week, so until then.. I'm outta here ( I'm thirsty as a beef jerky camel (whatever the hell that means ;) )

Farside12

11. In the previous "full body shot" I think that is actually plant 1 not plant 2 like I stated..sorry for the mixup..ooops!

Farside12

12. i have a comment on what suijuris said about the intensity of the lights being at the end of the tubes and not the center.I have read in hightimes i think maybe somewere else that the most intensity comes from the center and that were i been putting my plants.Maybe i'm wrong i dont know

13. To be honest, I kept mine in the center. My two new little ones (both almost pure indica I think) are doing quite well there, so I'm just going with what works. :))

14. Put a clear plastic bag over the male and wrap a rubberband or string around it so it's tight on the stem and no pollen gets out. You can poke holes in the bag so it can get air but I never did, I don't give males any mercy.
    After the pollen sacs open just turn the pot upside-down, shake the plant and take the bag off. Then use a q-tip to pollenate the female.

15. awesome idea vato...will do!

Thanx!!

16. Hello All!

Well, just got done checking the "big girl". She is doing quite nicely. I did the plastic bag thing, then pulled the male. The girl has the room all to herself. The top cola is about 2 inches long (about 5cm), and there are buds forming on all the branches and axials. I'm so excited!

I may soon have to attach a dowel to the pot and plant to give it some support as it seems like it may start getting topheavy soon.

I will put up some pics very soon!

My next batch of 2 is going so-so. One is a very indica plant and is bushing out very nicely. I've been tempted to put it in the flowerbox, but I heard it has to be at least 12 inches (30.5cm) before I can start it flowering. It is only about 6-7 inches tall and I guess I must wait. If I am incorrect someone in this please let me know.

The second of the two is growing VERY slow. Not sure why tho'. Oh well, I put it closer to the light canopy and that seems to have helped somewhat.

Lastly, I have 5 sproutlings that are all doing quite nicely and should be doing a lot better as soon as I rearrange the "lifts" in the veg area.

On a side note..someday, just for the (oddness?) of it I think I'm gonna pluck a seedling and just eat it like a bean sprout. Just have an urge to do this. Odd huh?

Gonna head to bed now. Have work tomorrow.

'Til Later,

Farside12

17. Great Looking plants there swan!

18. So far so good, and uhhh I would never grow where my computer is [​IMG]

19. I must be either a moron or totally lost, because I have no idea what the whole computer thing is about? I'm pretty doped up on NyQuil right now (I've got the flu or something), so it might be that.

I actually have my "garden" at a buddies house. He's been real nice about lending me the space. (of course I promosed to smokee with him when it's ready ;) ). But would someone explain to me this "grow where your computer is" thing?

NyQuil-Brained,

Farside12