Physical and a Drug Test

Discussion in 'General' started by TheSourcerer, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Okay - I know, I know I have looked over the other DT threads and I feel I have a unique problem and I am wondering if perhaps anyone else here at Grass City has had this problem and knows the best method of solving it.

I landed a pretty high paying job and received the paperwork in the mail, according the documents I signed I will be required to take a physical and a drug test (urine). It will be on Monday and I have smoked as recently as last night. I have been planning on going synthetic as detoxing is too risky with the little time that I have (5 days).

Has anyone had a physical before a drug test? Do you know how to procedure works? I've had multiple physicals and sometimes I've had to get naked and other times not - what is standard for pre-employment?

If I go synthetic I'll have a bag in a warmer strapped to my leg with a tube and if I have to get naked for a physical this will make things a bit more difficult. I've heard of people wearing two layers of boxer briefs with the urine bag in between... Any help would be awesome!

Also - I won't use a masker as they do not work but if anyone knows a simple and fast detox method that would work in 5 days then please do share.

Thanks!

2. ^Bump^ Help meh!

3. Depending on what the job is. I know from a very credible source that military physicals basically disregard any privacy you have. As far as I know, most places will check blood pressure, heart rate, the base physical checks and may ask you to empty your pockets and provide a light pat down of your body before entering the room for you to piss. Also they CANNOT monitor your piss test unless you have previously failed, been caught tampering with previous samples, or it's for the military.

4. Excellent, thanks - this isn't military though merely a lab and DOT physical. I'm probably just going to use ready clean - gives you about a 5 hour window. Not too worried.

5. Watch out for masking agents. Sometimes they test for em.

6. Alright so I took the drug test today after following the Ready Clean instructions to a T. I managed to take the test within the 5 hour window even thought it was within the final hour... The only thing I am worried about is I have just read that when you pee that it is good to pee mid stream, I did know to do this.... Will I still be okay? Has anyone used Ready Clean and not pissed mid stream and still passed? When I started pissing the first amount of pee that came out was clear and then it slowly turned to a light yellow color. Let me know guys I am super stressed out about this... :-/

7. nothing we will say will matter now (besides soothing your psyche) just wait it out man... do you know when you get the results??

8. It can take up to a week and I already start the job tomorrow morning... so I'm pretty much going to be working this job regular and then next week find out if I can keep it... If I don't pass I am gonna be FML for a while....