Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Phunkyphil and Digit's Bongsmith Guild.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Digit, Mar 24, 2003.

?

want to join up?

1. sure. i can build a quality bong/pipe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. nope. I'm not worthy, i can only stick a biro in a coke bottle, or punch a few holes in a beer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. nope. I don't need to. I'm rich enough to live in the luxury of profesional-made, shop-bou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i will next time i get to a real grocery store. I don't have a car on campus and only have a half ass grocery store here.

2. uh.. digit, just how exactly would you fill a 500ml pop bottle up with large icecubes? ;)

i finally made my bong btw.. as you can see, it ended up a lot bigger than 12"

this is just phase 1.. i was thinking of doing some artsy shit to it somewhere down the road

but i dunno, i might just leave it

Attached Files:

3. well i dont put LARGE ice cubes in it. Crush some ice and work it in. I'm just trying to get teh water as close to freezing as possible.

4. this bong is basically just a concept... but i figure in a few yearz if i have a place with a few buddies and a couple weeks to waste, why not.. right? it would be crazy to have at a party just to take pictures and say you did it... or keep it in a van or somethin... imagine the hot box possibilities... kinda hard to picture from the half assed ddrawing but you get the idea right? you might say theres too much air in it but if you had 12 people tokin on that thing it would fill up damn fast... shit you would have a whole room filled with smoke in 15 seconds, i get a tingle every time i think aboout it.. obviously you would need a huge bowl but that shit is possible and you all know it... ILL DO IT ONE DAY

mark my words

5. i guess it would help if i attached the pic eh... lol sorry if i ranted but damn.. this is the bong of my dreams

Attached Files:

6. phunky... are you seriously going to put PVC on your bong!?

please tell me your kidding or that was an old pic from before you found out that pvc reacts with the smoke to create toxins.

large ice cubes because it will last for a longer session... if ice cubes are chrushed too much (like some kinds of snow do) it will become really hard to draw the smoke through. and you can fit reasonable large ice cubes into a pepsi max bottle (the ones we get here in UK anyways,,, dunno about elsewhere) as they have the wider top.

hey chillz.... that's pretty sweet. would be quite a hard build though... lots of joins to watch out for loss of suction. but yeah... i think that should work if u got 12 peeps on it. Have you got a VW van we could go have a party in? :D i'll be there in a flash.

7. this is what i was trying to say.

Another way is to literally seperate the bong into different parts in the water area...

im gonna go make a pic so this is more clear.

8. here:

the logistics are flawed, but i did that to make the elements of the bong more obvious.

9. ok...

and i better remember this time!

Attached Files:

10. punch a few holes in a beer can!?!?!?!?! YOU SINNERS!!!!

11. why would smoke touching plastic create toxins

12. as far as making smaller bubbles... if i have a stem thats too big i just cut like 6 inches of that small tubing shti into a few peices or whatever and pack it all into the bottom of the tube and seal it up with something... bada boom ... smaller bubbles...

maybe ill put that bong on my tour bus when im rich and famous touring the country ... yeahhhhh

13. or you could do this...

Attached Files:

14. I just filled a double-chamber bong with crushed Ice that filles the whole first chamber, then add enough water so it doesn't pour out of the carb, second chamber, crushed Ice half-way, ice cubes to the top, and add about half inch of water...I figure the more ice the smoke has to go through, the more surface area of ice is contacting the smoke..thats my way that i like to do it..wake & bakes man....Just woke up, through on some clothes, hit my half packed bong bowl and typed this....lol

15. Smoke touching plastic doesnt cause toxins, heated PVC does. Trust me. Sometime people try to make intakes for their cars out of pvc and if you deal with turbo cars (like i do) then the underhood temps will make the pvc react and give of poisonous fumes. Some fumes would be sucked into the engine and some would be pushed back into the car. But PVC is definitely bad where things are going to be hotter than a hot summer day.

16. So as long as the PVC isn't getting heated, then it can do no harm, right??

17. exactly.. heat isnt getting anywhere near that section of my bong... i dont see why it would do anything.

digit, if you could hook me up with some research or something.. i want to stay healthy, but im not really buying this, to be perfectly honest

dont take it personally though

18. I stopped using my five-footer because of advice i received from here that you shouldn't use PVC. The thing holds a pitcher of ice, it's always really cold to hold. bowl is even cold.. Might have to break it out tonight

19. Whoooaaaaaaa