photoshop help!!

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by wackdeafboy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. photoshop people, i need help!

I drew a marijuana leaf and i want to duplicate many of them, so how i do that?
    everytime i try copy a pic, then new layer is copy with the pic in it. i want it on the same layer

2. you need to draw the marijuna leaf on an invisible layer, so it wont copy the background when you do duplicate layer

3. i already done that.. everytime i copy it, it create a new layer and one pic...

i want to copy like 20 or 30 times....
    whats the fastest/best solution??

4. ctr-e, merges layers into a single layer.

5. but that means it will take me all day to copy n paste??
    is there a faster way?

6. ^ you can duplicate the layer, just right click it and click duplicate son! :D

7. ik that.. but i want copy the pic i drew, and paste it 20+ times without creating a new layer

8. ctrl+c

then

ctrl+v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v,v

That really didn't take long. :p

And then, if they're on separate layers, select them all at once, and click merge.

Easy as pie. :smoke:

9. IK THAT!!! i said that 3 times already!

wow, i guess there no other way..
    great, this goin take forever....
    :mad:

10. How does that take forever? :confused:

It takes like... 30 seconds tops to press the v button 20 times, and maybe another 10 seconds to merge the layers. That's less than a minute. Add another minute or two if you want to move the layers around before you merge them. *shrug*

I guess I'm just not understanding what you want to do.

11. Convert it to a smart object, if you're going to duplicate it. The key for duplicating the entire layer is ctrl+J

(A smart object basically makes it so you can change all of them at once, instead of doing one by one by one by one if you need to make a change.
    Layer>Smart Objects>Convert to Smart Object)